+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Best FUE Doctor in NY

Hi All - After extensive research and thought, I realize I am not comfortable with FUT because of the scar it will leave. I am comfortable with FUE and would love your advice as to who is the best doctor for FUE in NY or on the east coast. Much appreciate!

Quote Originally Posted by grdadwithquestions View Post
    Hi All - After extensive research and thought, I realize I am not comfortable with FUT because of the scar it will leave. I am comfortable with FUE and would love your advice as to who is the best doctor for FUE in NY or on the east coast. Much appreciate!
    How many grafts are you looking at roughly? Have you considered Europe? It may work out a lot cheaper.

dr.wesley is good. He is in ny and he is also coming out with scarless surgery.

Price should always be your last consideration. If something works out to be less expensive after you researched and found the best dcotor to meet your needs, that's great, but NEVER consider price first. That's always a bad strategy.

Traveling to have surgery is fine, but if you can stay closer to home it's probably best. Dr. Wesley in New York is supposed to be really good, then there is Dr. Yates in Chicago who specializes in FUE and of course Dr. Cole in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Price should always be your last consideration. If something works out to be less expensive after you researched and found the best dcotor to meet your needs, that's great, but NEVER consider price first. That's always a bad strategy.

Traveling to have surgery is fine, but if you can stay closer to home it's probably best. Dr. Wesley in New York is supposed to be really good, then there is Dr. Yates in Chicago who specializes in FUE and of course Dr. Cole in Atlanta.
    I totally agree.

I respectfully disagree that price is not an important consideration. I researched surgery extensively before opting for an FUE procedure in Belgium. I was able to get the quality of surgery I wanted at a reasonable price. If I'd flown to America, I'd have had to compromise with either an unnecessary strip surgery or pay up to double the price for FUE.

Why have so many men flown from Europe to America for FUT, when FUE is available at an equivalent price on their door step with some of the best surgeons in the world? Shouldn't Americans be travelling here instead?

Staying closer to home is not necessary. You can be at any of the best clinics in America and Europe within 12 hours. Why limit yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I respectfully disagree that price is not an important consideration. I researched surgery extensively before opting for an FUE procedure in Belgium. I was able to get the quality of surgery I wanted at a reasonable price. If I'd flown to America, I'd have had to compromise with either an unnecessary strip surgery or pay up to double the price for FUE.

Why have so many men flown from Europe to America for FUT, when FUE is available at an equivalent price on their door step with some of the best surgeons in the world? Shouldn't Americans be travelling here instead?

Staying closer to home is not necessary. You can be at any of the best clinics in America and Europe within 12 hours. Why limit yourself?
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion, I just don't think it's a smart strategy to think of price first. I also think that being as close to your doctor and clinic as possible is preferable in case of some sort of complication and for followups. Unfortunately there are so few good doctors out there that this is not always possible, so this is why I agree that traveling to the best doctor for you , not just based on lowest price is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Why have so many men flown from Europe to America for FUT, when FUE is available at an equivalent price on their door step with some of the best surgeons in the world?
    Just a FYI.

If I could go back and do it all again, I would still fly across the pond to Canada. And have a piece of my scalp removed.

The best thing to do would be to the find the best surgeon regardless of price and location, these should come second to a great surgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion, I just don't think it's a smart strategy to think of price first.
    I'm not suggesting price is the first consideration at all. My own surgery certainly wasn't "cheap", but it was comparatively inexpensive to FUE options in America without compromising on the standard of quality or care.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Just a FYI.

If I could go back and do it all again, I would still fly across the pond to Canada. And have a piece of my scalp removed.
    Every case is different, but it's impossible to deny that FUE is becoming the industry standard, especially for younger men with requirements sub 3000 grafts. That's not just my opinion, but the professional opinion of leading doctors.