X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montreal6130
    • Aug 2012

Rogaine & White Flakes - help needed

Hi,

I have been on Rogaine since January and really, really happy with the results. I use the foam in the morning in the crown and the liquid (5%) in the evening for the crown and twice a day in the frontal hairline. The results to date have been really amazing (sorry as I don't have pics).

Main Issue

I have a ton of white flakes. If I rub my hands through my hair I have like a snow shower (almost like flipping a snow globe). I have been using Nizoral 2% for two months twice a week and no real slow down.

(1) Is this dandruff or a flake residue from rogaine liquid?

(2) any suggestions on how I can stop it?

thanks,
    Eric
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

1. Flake residue from Rogaine liquid.
    2. Use it less. You say you use Rogaine liquid twice daily on the hairline, just use it once a day.

Comment

• Smokemeakipper
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by montreal6130
      Hi,

I have been on Rogaine since January and really, really happy with the results. I use the foam in the morning in the crown and the liquid (5%) in the evening for the crown and twice a day in the frontal hairline. The results to date have been really amazing (sorry as I don't have pics).

Main Issue

I have a ton of white flakes. If I rub my hands through my hair I have like a snow shower (almost like flipping a snow globe). I have been using Nizoral 2% for two months twice a week and no real slow down.

(1) Is this dandruff or a flake residue from rogaine liquid?

(2) any suggestions on how I can stop it?

thanks,
      Eric
      I was looking at starting to use rogaine on my frontal region also. Have you had success there? I know it's not ideal for the temples but what about mid front awards?

Did you have any side effects? Did you have a big shed?

Comment

• Californication
        • Mar 2013

It's not just flakes from the residue imo. I had the same issue with the liquid form and its because the PG really dries out your skin.

Comment

• Henkeh91
          • Apr 2013

I swaped from the liquid to the foam but there is still white flakes in my hair and it's even small white stains that I have to scratch off. This cause itching on the scalp.

Comment

Working...