Threaded View

Default HT Advice Australia

Hi all,

I am currently 26 and I have been suffering hair loss since I was about 20 years old.

Over the last few years I have been using minox 5% and 12% and I thought my hair loss had slowed/stopped. That is until recently when I was attempting to cut my own hair that I realized that my crown and top of my hair had thinned out dramatically. Its on top of my head so it is hard for me to see and the front of my hair is not that badly receded. The sides and back of my hair are thick and my father is completely balled with think sides and back of his hair (like George from Seinfeld).

I don't want to use fin as the side-effects (no matter how rare) are unacceptable to me. I also look like a serial killer with a shaved head and it would be hard for me at work.

My only other realistic course of action is HT. I have done a fair bit of research but I still have a few questions for people who have been in a similar situation. I apologize if some of these questions seem a bit silly.

1. I am currently in Melbourne Australia. Should I seek treatment here or fly over to the US to visit a world leading surgeon. I have been told HT here costs $14 to $18 thousand.

2. What doctor do you recommend and where are they located. I have been looking into Dr Cole (likes you to be 29), Rahl and Hasson and Wong.

3. I would prefer FUE over FUT but is it less effective and what is the cost difference?

4. Because of my age, would I most likely need a further treatment in the future? Also what would I look like if I had HT and my hair loss continued, would it look unnatural (I know there will be scars)?

5. What Norwood rating am I at currently?

6. Could anyone estimate how many grafts I would need and if possible an approximate cost?

7. What is the percentage loss of grafts on FUE, I read 6 to 10% is that true?

8. How long does the procedure take and will I need follow up visits? This is only if I travel overseas for treatment.

9. Is BNP-32 snake oil?

That's all I can think of at the moment, sorry if they have been asked a hundred times. I have attached a picture of my current hair loss, I know it is nothing compared to some of you guys on here and I really feel for you guys.

I also have a friend with almost identical hair loss pattern and progression as mine and he is willing to travel with me. I suppose there is no discounts for bringing a friend.

Any advice you guys can give me is really appreciated! Its nice to know I'm not alone. Thanks everyone and good luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0961.jpg

Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	20986   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0962.jpg

Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	20987   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0963.jpg

Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	20988