HT Advice Australia

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PayDay
    • Nov 2008

I'd have to agree with Topcat as far as really understanding the long term commitment of taking the drug as well as any possible long term reactions that can occur when taking any drug for an extended period of time. Drug companies have a history of not being forthcoming, so I think his post makes good sense. It's always best to avoid taking any drug if possible. I made the choice to take Propecia and it has worked out very well for me, but each person is different.

I tend to question much of what Chrisis posts on this forum, especially concerning pushing young men into having hair transplant surgery. His patented sarcasm and immature arrogance will hopefully become less a part of his personality as he experiences more life.

Once you start down the road of hair transplants there is no turning back, even with FUE. There is a reason why doctors like Dr. Cole, who only does FUE, won't touch anyone under the age of 29.

Don't feel pressured to join the HT "club", especially by an obnoxious person who had his first surgery only a couple of months ago. Live with your shaved head for a while and then perhaps come back to doing your research if you really think that more hair is important for your life.

Comment

• chrisis
      • Feb 2012

unhappyhair asked for advice and I gave it, on the basis of being only a few years older than him and having had surgery with a top surgeon in Belgium in February. I don't believe that it is fair to suggest I push young men into getting surgery on the basis of answering questions.

Further, I have no incentive to push people to go for surgery. I have a blog but I post entirely on a voluntary basis and I enjoy the positive feedback I get.

Comment

• chrisdav
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by chrisis
        It doesn't surprise me that a clinic that only offers FUT is reluctant to operate on men in their late 20s.
        That has no relevance whatsoever and I not sure what you are suggesting about Hasson&Wong by making comments like that.

Surgery on a crown is never advisable on a young guy and he is likely to be in for more loss at his age with current rate of progression unless he considers finasteride.

Fue would not facilitate the demand if his hair loss accelerates and not everyone is even a candidate for Fue. Only recently on another forum, a Dr Rahal UK patient who was told by Bisanga he was not a candidate for Fue.

Comment

• chrisis
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by chrisdav
          That has no relevance whatsoever and I not sure what you are suggesting about Hasson&Wong by making comments like that.
          I am suggesting that FUT is a more invasive procedure, it's got nothing to do with H&W in particular. Also many men in their 20s like to keep their hair shorter, and you can't guarantee this would be possible after an FUT surgery.

My advice is that anyone considering surgery should consult with a wide range of clinics. Good, ethical ones will take management of his hair loss into account. I stabilised my own loss for up to a year before I personally had surgery and management of future loss was part of my consultation with my doctor.

Comment

Working...