+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default the classic question

Here we have the big question. Am i balding? I've had a super intense widows peak my whole life but there has definitely been a change over the last five years, not drastic, but definitely a change.what do your guys think? Can this just be a mature hairline or should i start getting on the case? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20130513_013208.jpg

Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	20984   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130430_091956.jpg

Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	20985  

What I see there is classic male pattern baldness. Obviously it's in the early stages and your hair still looks good. The forelock looks strong.

You may want to research the preventative medication Finasteride (AKA propecia) to slow further loss and maybe add Minoxidil (AKA Rogain) to see if you can gain anything back.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks, does it make a difference that my father has a similar hairline and a full head of hair? or are you pretty sure what I have is MPB

As you said your hairline has receded over the past 5 years it sounds like you experiencing male pattern baldness at a slow rate.

It's possible that it won't get much worse. Some people see their MPB just stop and stay where it is for many years.

How old are you? At what age did your father's hairline recede? The more your rate of loss and age of onset match your fathers, the more likely it is to follow the same pattern.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I'm 23, my father's hairline has really always been crooked (like mine) and he claims from his late twenties throughout his life it's changed but very little.

Thanks

Choose what you want to do wisely. Just know that if you lose anymore, it's going to be awfully hard for you to ever go back to a satisfying head of hair without a hair transplant or two. It's not mission impossible to get back hair on fin+minoxidil, but a lot of people don't like to use finasteride because of it's possible sexual side effects, so figure out if you're going to be one of those people or if you're going to give it a shot, don't wait for years to know what you're going to do. That's the biggest mistake people with MPB do.

Thanks, does that mean you think it's mpb too? I know it looks intense but It's always been, I just think theirs been a difference between now and what I looked like five years ago, I hope I'm not in denial! (Also,that second picture was only a few weeks ago, It looks much better b/c my hair is dry and I'm only lifting up the front)

It's definely MPB. No other form of hair loss would lead you to getting hairline in that pattern. Look up the Norwood scale on Google and compare.

FWIW, I didn't realize that I had hairloss until years after it was (partially) visible, as I had a widows peak, pointy forelock thing going on my whole life, and assumed that my receded hairline was how it was always been.

The pattern has been like that my whole life. The sides have always been really high. What's been bothering me is the lower most point/center of my hairline, that's gone up a little bit.

Ahh young grasshopper - to ask the question, is to answer it.