+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Philadelphia FUE HT Surgeons?

Looking for recommendations in the Philadelphia region. I've searched through older posts and saw mixed reviews on Dr. Pistone who is on the IAHRS list. Any info on others? Here's two I saw:

Michael J. Cornwell, M.D., F.A.C.S., - Bosley Physician

Dr. Paul Glat MD

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am interested in surgeons in this area but I'm hearing none are reccomended and I haven't seen and reviews on either surgeon. I only saw paul glats news video and hear his office on radio commercials sometime. I'm sure other people on the board will tell you to reach out to NYC/NJ where theres better doctors with good rep.

Default Keep looking for a doctor.....

Just be careful, do not rush into it. Think about it before you make a decision, There is not going back after you have a big scar behind your head.
    have you tried shaving your head?

I already had the strip method performed roughly 5-6 years ago by a MHR surgeon before they merged with Bosley. Didn't really have any complaints about the surgery as everything was explained to me and I understood what I was getting into. Only regret I have is that I didn't wait a little longer because now it seems this FUE method is the way to go as it doesn't leave the scar although it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it does others. I got the surgery for the front of my hairline and knew that nature would continue to take its course on the rest of hair behind that area. So now I'm beginning to see areas of hair loss there and am looking to set something up to get that area taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by killthesirens View Post
    I already had the strip method performed roughly 5-6 years ago by a MHR surgeon before they merged with Bosley. Didn't really have any complaints about the surgery as everything was explained to me and I understood what I was getting into. Only regret I have is that I didn't wait a little longer because now it seems this FUE method is the way to go as it doesn't leave the scar although it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it does others. I got the surgery for the front of my hairline and knew that nature would continue to take its course on the rest of hair behind that area. So now I'm beginning to see areas of hair loss there and am looking to set something up to get that area taken care of.
    This is exactly why I am a huge advocate of approaching hair restoration methodically and managing one's donor supply judiciously for future loss.

And you are correct regarding the acquisition of Medical Hair Restoration (MHR) by Bosley. That acquisition was in the works for many years!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default Pistone

I know this is an old thread but i know 4 people that went to Pistone and they all look good. One went about 7 years ago and the last guy went about a year ago and not one complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by killthesirens View Post

Are you taking low dose finasteride by any chance?

Merck"s clinical trails do not substantiate efficiency in the frontal zone but does demonstrate efficiency in the mid-scalp and crown.

There are other options for taking low dose finasteride other than Merck's Propecia (1 mg daily). And it's not that I am advising you to take something else because I am not a physician and cannot give you any medical advice, however I have been cutting Proscar which comes at 5 mg per tablet and I cut it into four pieces with a pill cutter. There are many other guys doing the same thing but it is always best to consult with your doctor of choice before taking anything.

How is your crown doing, any loss there?
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

kill,

IMHO, you really should look outside of Philly for a good competent FUE surgeon. Off hand, don't know of anyone in your area who does great FUE.

Best wishes to you in your search...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

If your in the Philadelphia area your only 2 1/2 hours from some of the best around,such as Dr Feller, Dr True&Dorin,Dr Wesley,etc.Take it from experience and make that short trip,its worth it!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcb View Post
    I know this is an old thread but i know 4 people that went to Pistone and they all look good. One went about 7 years ago and the last guy went about a year ago and not one complaint.
    My mistake i've only seen the strip method from pistone. You can research Dr. glatt he does fue but im not sure if he is good or not. I think he is located on the main line.