+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehart View Post
    Given that hundreds of people claim to have used the technique with success, by your 'third party' logic, the technique works?

I never said it did, by the way. I'm fielding opinions.
    I am absolutely astonished that any remotely educated individual could entertain this....Please tell me how you think headstands do anything to stop DHT from attacking the follicle. I'll be waiting. And to be so rude when people tell you that your idea is stupid....My mind is shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    I am absolutely astonished that any remotely educated individual could entertain this....Please tell me how you think headstands do anything to stop DHT from attacking the follicle. I'll be waiting. And to be so rude when people tell you that your idea is stupid....My mind is shattered.
    Hello F^ck Face.

Bryan Gould, former British MP states it worked for him. Remotely educated? ... Perhaps.

We know hair-growth is dependent on the bloodflow quality (trace-elements) and quantity (vasodilation/constriction).

Perhaps you can illustrate, in lieu or your extensive research, why headstands do not increase blood flow to the scalp and follicles?

I'm all for dignified debate based on facts and reason.

Don't insult me, when based on the testimony of others, I dare to ask a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehart View Post
    Hi All,

After discovering Propecia a few years ago I had hoped hair-loss would be a thing of the past. In recent months I've noticed my hair has begun to thin again.

It's left me searching for alternatives and trying to get up to speed with the latest developments ...

My hair-growth approach will most likely be based on using a herbal shampoo and Dutasteride. That begs a few questions:

Why hasn't Dutasteride been licensed and are there reputable websites I can purchase the medication from online?

Do headstands increase hair-growth? Based on anecdotes and common-sense I believe it does, but I'd like your take.

Are there are other effective treatments I can use -- Or others on the horizon?

Thanks for reading this. I'd appreciate your advice.
    I do not recommend headstands unless maybe you are strength training. However dutasteride will almost definitely help, it is strong stuff. As for shampoos, try 2% ketoconazole (you need an rx if you live in USA).
    That is basically my regimen....dutasteride + keto shampoo. (I still take fin but it may be useless now that I am on dut as well)

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I do not recommend headstands unless maybe you are strength training. However dutasteride will almost definitely help, it is strong stuff. As for shampoos, try 2% ketoconazole (you need an rx if you live in USA).
    That is basically my regimen....dutasteride + keto shampoo. (I still take fin but it may be useless now that I am on dut as well)
    Thanks mate. I appreciate it.

I'm not even going to comment on headstands as it doesn't seem like you can be swayed from your stance on that one.

But yes, dutasteride is more potent than fin and has been shown to be more effective at 0.5mg per day and even marginally more effective at 0.1mg per day. Although most people go on dut for 2 reasons, either that fin isn't working for them or they want results quicker, in both of these cases there wouldn't really be much sense in taking 0.1mg per day.

If it was simply to be cost effective then I could see why someone would do this though. I heard of someone taking dutasteride at that dose for years with good results at the cost of about 10 pence per day.

Thanks Woodyy. I just upped my dose of Fin, but I will be switching. This ^ actually sounds like it can be cost-effective.

And I don't have a stance on Headstands ... just an open mind.