+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Propecia, yes or no?

Been on regaine for roughly 7 odd months now and i feel its working pretty well and my hair looks good when i leave it to grow in and you dont really notice i'm balding. I know regaine won't keep my hair loss at bay forever so should i start on propecia? May i add i am only 19.

To be honest i'm scared as hell about the sides, i've done hours of research online but i just honestly can't decide. I know at the end of the day the only person that can make the choice is myself but i just hoped for some feedback from you guys who are currently taking it.

Any sides?
    How long have you been taking it?
    Did it stop your hairloss in its tracks?

Should i just grow a pair and start using it?

Honest answers would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Finasteride works by inhibiting the enzyme 5α-reductase.

So, medical science, do we need 5α-reductase?

5α-reductases transform not only testosterone5α-dihydrotestosterone but also
    progesterone, deoxycorticosterone, aldosterone and corticosterone into their respective 5α-dihydroderivatives
    [17, 18]. The latter steroids serve as substrates for 3α-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases.
    These enzymes transform these 5α-reduced metabolites into a sub-class of neuroactive steroid
    hormones with distinct physiological functions. Steroid hormones modulate a multitude of
    functions in human physiology encompassing regulation of sexual differentiation, sexual function,
    neuroprotection, memory enhancement, anxiety, sleep and stress, among others
    [17, 18].
    As you can see, the network of hormones linked to 5AR resembles a family tree, if you take out the head (5AR) you'll take out the rest, this explains the long list of side effects associated with finasteride use. Finasteride also crosses the blood brain barrier so the physiological side effects are also compounded with psychological side effects such as reduced interest in sex/depression anxiety etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishDan View Post
    Been on regaine for roughly 7 odd months now and i feel its working pretty well and my hair looks good when i leave it to grow in and you dont really notice i'm balding. I know regaine won't keep my hair loss at bay forever so should i start on propecia? May i add i am only 19.

To be honest i'm scared as hell about the sides, i've done hours of research online but i just honestly can't decide. I know at the end of the day the only person that can make the choice is myself but i just hoped for some feedback from you guys who are currently taking it.

Any sides?

Thanks.
    It's hard to answer the question. My opinion is to wait and if you notice your hair loss has changed to a higher gear you should consider to start with fin. It's better to start early than late.

I choosed to start with finasteride in a late stage of my hair loss and sure do regret it today. The sides scared the hell out of me although they are rare.

Propecia, yes or no?

=

Most likely see hair retention with small chance of sides, yes or no?

Any sides?

Thanks.
    I have taken finasteride for 2.5+ years (added dutasteride about 3 months ago). Only side seemed to be a mild change in ejaculate. It improved my hair through the first 1.5 years or so and maintained it after that
    It greatly improved my mood and libido (not joking) because it improved my hair. I have also used 2% keto shampoo for slightly longer than fin

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I have taken finasteride for 2.5+ years (added dutasteride about 3 months ago). Only side seemed to be a mild change in ejaculate. It improved my hair through the first 1.5 years or so and maintained it after that
    It greatly improved my mood and libido (not joking) because it improved my hair. I have also used 2% keto shampoo for slightly longer than fin
    Yep. I need duta too, I think. Can't really find an excuse to not be on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Don't quote stuff you don't know anything about.

Finasteride doesn't even block DHT completely.
    Finasteride doesnt block DHT at all, it inhibits the function of 5AR.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Finasteride doesnt block DHT at all, it inhibits the function of 5AR.
    Finasteride blocks the enzyme 5AR2 which converts testosterone to DHT. So potentially 60-80%+ of your DHT is inhibited.

Any sides?

Thanks.
    Is Finasteride for me? No.

For you? Your decision.

Fin will most likely stop your hair loss.
    The sides are rare.