+ Reply to Thread

Default Exciting new procedure

Brandy's book, "A New Headstart," Brandy
    writes on page 109, "Today, the hairlift has become widely accepted as an
    exciting new procedure..."

They are all exciting new procedures, robots, endoscopes, tattooing, plucking. I suggest going with something that has been out for quite a few years, is time tested and there is a body of work to judge. Of course generating excitement keeps things moving along and fresh but leave the new stuff for those generating the buzz. When they have that exciting procedure performed on themselves than maybe give it a second look but still proceed with extreme caution.

Young guys or those that find themselves in dire straits are easy targets for the exciting new procedure.

So if you clicked on to this post you did exactly what the title prompted you to do. It’s called history just repeating itself and any repair patient can tell you they did exactly the same thing before the internet. Unfortunately for them the marketing was a one way medium and they trusted what they were being told and what they were reading. The promoters back then didn’t care much about what doctors were saying or writing in the articles they were submitting as long as they were getting paid. Has that changed..........hmmmm..........sometimes I wonder.

Guys nowadays have a slight advantage and can listen to feedback outside of the promoters and doctors and say to themselves…………hmmmm…………..that makes sense maybe I should just wait and see what happens first.

Creating buzz, bringing forward new ideas, or just rehashing the old are about keeping you tuning in which is all good. Just be aware of it and don’t make foolish decisions because someone got you all excited.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Something new that has piqued our interest, here at Dr. Cole's office is the "scarless", FUE-type surgery Carlos K. Wesley, MD is preparing to roll out. I believe it was Carlos who said, he's surprised that physicians haven't thought of this technology before. I'm trying to imagine a way of removing a graft without creating a scar. I'm an optimist and hopefully Carlos can deliver on this and amaze us all.

Any thoughts on how a doctor can remove a hair follicle without leaving any scar tissue at all?

I asked Dr. Cole how he thinks a follicle could be removed without creating a scar. He believes with needles, but current methods are painstakingly slow.

-35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    www.forhair.com