+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Conclusion

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, my pre-consultation research had Bisanga and Feriduni as my likely choices. Even though I was glad I saw the other two docs, I was still most impressed with BHR and Dr F. So the journey home as well as the past week or so had me weighing up what direction I should go in.

My final decision: Bisanga.

Reasons:

- Again as I previously mentioned, from my pre-consultation research I had Bisanga slightly edging things from an FUE point of view. I had Feriduni slightly edging it from an FUT point of view. Upon finding out the news that I was a good candidate for FUE, I was essentially given the choice of either procedure from both docs.

- The slightly more conservative treatment plan from BHR (2,000 grafts) appealed to me for several reasons over the 3,000 from Dr F. I just got a degree of confidence from Dr B that he could achieve a denser look with smaller grafts. I recall at one point mentioning the term 'dense-packing', and he said that we wouldn't even need to dense pack due to my high numbers of 2s 3s and 4s.

- Seeing as I was told I have roughly 5,000 'safe' FUE grafts to take from my donor (without obvious signs of thinning post-op), going with BHR for my 1st procedure would result in me essentially having 3,000 left in the bank for future needs which could realistically be split in 2 procedures of 1,500, whereas I would have 2,000 left with Dr F which realistically would be one procedure.

- When I was beginning to come to this conclusion, again I turned to posted online results. I began mass-googling sessions of 'Bisanga FUE' and 'Feriduni FUE'. Having read so many positive outcomes from each, I was still impressed with the BHR findings.

- I then began contacting one or two other Irish guys who had been to BHR. They were incredibly forthcoming with positive references, and offered to meet in person if I wished. I haven't had the opportunity to do so, but it in itself was a sign of how happy they were with the work.

- Scheduling - I know it's relatively insignificant in the grand scheme of selecting a clinic, but it was always looking like an Aug/Sept procedure for me. Both clinics are ridiculously popular (and for obvious reasons), in that they have a 5-7 month waiting list at the best of times. Initially September looked good from a work perspective, until big appointments were made for the second half, so August became the preferred choice. I also liked the idea of having 4 full months of recovery before the xmas season hit. From the specific dates given to me, 2 days in August with BHR were jumping out at me. I must comment though that Dr Fs clinic were very fair in provisionally putting my name down for 2 days in Sept and held them for quite a few days. This was organised with Spex who is a great addition to the clinic.

- Post OP patient care: From my research, I have come to the conclusion that these 2 clinics have exceptional post-care services in operation, so I couldn't rank one over the other. From my communications with Stephen and Spex, I regard them as in a league of their own in terms of how quickly they respond to you, as well as the level of detail involved.

- Cost: I have put this towards the end because even though it is a relevant aspect to consider for obvious reasons, from the bigger picture of choosing a clinic for you I believe it is one of the last aspects to look into. From the difference in graft estimation, BHR would have obviously worked out considerably cheaper.

As a result of all my initial research and travels, I have just placed a deposit with BHR and my two day procedure is on Aug 22-23.

Hey JD,
    Great to see you on here.

A valuable aid to many i'm sure.

Best of luck with your session!
    Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Hey JD,
    Great to see you on here.

A valuable aid to many i'm sure.

Best of luck with your session!
    Best
    Spex
    Cheers Spex. Looking forward to it!

Glad to answer any questions people might have.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama View Post
    Cheers Spex. Looking forward to it!

Glad to answer any questions people might have.
    Hi Johnny, thanks for the detailed posts so far! I am also a fellow Irish man so you travel itinerary is very handy indeed!

Out of interest did you consider HASCI / Dr gho?

Please keep posting your journal and let us know how your procedure goes!

Best of luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by HandyMan View Post
    Hi Johnny, thanks for the detailed posts so far! I am also a fellow Irish man so you travel itinerary is very handy indeed!

Out of interest did you consider HASCI / Dr gho?

Please keep posting your journal and let us know how your procedure goes!

Best of luck!!
    I looked into them a bit HandyMan but to be honest I'm not too comfortable with them right now. I just feel that FUE in the hands of a top clinic is a more stable choice for me at the minute. Are you looking into them yourself?

Hi johnnydrama, did you go ahead with your HT?

Do you have any photos?

My Ht is in a few days mate, Thursday and Friday of next week!

Good luck and keep us posted

Quote Originally Posted by chicago99 View Post
    Good luck and keep us posted
    Cheers, will do! I'll be documenting as much as possible anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama View Post
    Cheers, will do! I'll be documenting as much as possible anyway.
    Yeah best of luck. Im very jealous. I was certain on choosing dr feriduni until I read your posts about choosing dr mwamba. Be really interested on how you get on.

Can I ask how much time off work you've set aside for recovery?