+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I don't know why this method is never mentioned, but if your against the unpredictable and time-consuming process of an HT, think about wearing a hairpiece/wig.

The expensive ones are not uncomfortable at all, and unnoticeable.

If you don't want an HT or a wig, then your options are get in the gym or get in the gym. The Big 3 is usually only effective on people who want to maintain current hair/ want very little regrowth, but always keep in mind:

Bald with any physical stature>Horseshoe>>> Comb Over

an HT is time consuming and a hairpiece isn't? I think you've got it mixed up.

I meant a HT is time consuming in that it takes time for the results to show, whereas hair pieces, obviously, show immediate results.

I understand that taking care of hairpieces is difficult, but really its a one hundred percent effective solution to hairloss, especially for older folks who are looking to conceal outside of the house in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAYoungMan View Post
    I meant a HT is time consuming in that it takes time for the results to show, whereas hair pieces, obviously, show immediate results.

I understand that taking care of hairpieces is difficult, but really its a one hundred percent effective solution to hairloss, especially for older folks who are looking to conceal outside of the house in particular.
    Idk how anyone can live with a hairpiece. Anything else > Hairpiece

Honestly, nothing from your pictures tells us that you can't pull it off. We'd have to see your entire face to really form any opinion, but hey, at the least, the fact that we can't see that there's anything wrong from those pics while you could should tell you something: you're your OWN worst critic

I have someone here in my house who has been wearing a hairpiece for 33 years now. My father. Total costs in 33 years: 50000€. Was it worth it? Hell no, but hey in the late 70's/80's what other choices did you have. Unless you absolutely want to keep a Ringo Starr hairstyle, you shoudn't go for a hair piece.

Thanks for the responses guys , and like some of you puts it, im my own worst critic.But that really don't change anything.

My hair gave me the opportunity to frame my face in a way that really looked good. Of course if you got a great beard growth you can still pull it of, but i got very little facial hair and a round face with big cheeks.

The way I feel is : I won't be able to get the results i want from a hair-transplant, not even close. I like my hair long with obviously no bald spots. Therefore iv'e started thinking about doing something to make my face look more...manly and thinner. Maybe a chin implant, filler for more significant cheekbones or liposuction of the cheeks. It feels like a prison, i cant do anything with my hair or beard. I'm already at the gym for four days a week so im doing what i can

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Idk how anyone can live with a hairpiece. Anything else > Hairpiece
    I disagree. My uncle has a $6000 hairpiece which he feels causes no discomfort to him whatsoever. He only removes it while showering, (even keeps it on while sleeping, that's how comfortable it is) and though it is expensive, it still would be cheaper than most Hair transplants.

He must change his hair piece every 6 months or every year. 1500€ a year and in three years you reach the price of a single hair transplant, without actually having any hair back.

In the end it's a personnal choice. I could have worn compression garments for my gynecomastia, but I choosed suurgery.

Thanks for the responses guys , and like some of you puts it, im my own worst critic.But that really don't change anything.

My hair gave me the opportunity to frame my face in a way that really looked good. Of course if you got a great beard growth you can still pull it of, but i got very little facial hair and a round face with big cheeks.

The way I feel is : I won't be able to get the results i want from a hair-transplant, not even close. I like my hair long with obviously no bald spots. Therefore iv'e started thinking about doing something to make my face look more...manly and thinner. Maybe a chin implant, filler for more significant cheekbones or liposuction of the cheeks. It feels like a prison, i cant do anything with my hair or beard. I'm already at the gym for four days a week so im doing what i can