Based on pull tests, has my hair loss stopped?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aames
    Inactive
    • Nov 2012

Based on pull tests, has my hair loss stopped?

I really suck at judging these things; I'm super paranoid and have no idea what is normal. My pull tests have been pretty consistent lately. I usually get zero hairs and about 1/4-5 tests will yield one hair. Is this good? It certainly seems to be an improvement over my old tests when I first started fin and was pulling out 4-5 hairs pretty routinely.

There is no way that I am losing more than 50-70 hairs per day, if it's even any where near that. I barely ever notice hairs in the shower. Typically, I lose a few when I'm applying minox, blow-drying, and styling though.
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

Sounds like you are on your way to NW7 bro, just deal with it. Shave it all off.

Comment

• Shan
      • Feb 2013

everybody's hair comes out when you pull it
      Stop it, and find another test

Comment

• Aames
        Inactive
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
        Sounds like you are on your way to NW7 bro, just deal with it. Shave it all off.
        Patiently, brah, I know I am rediculous but I have no frame of reference. I didn't establish a good baseline of pictures and tests. Consequently, I have no idea if what I am experiencing is normal. My hair is all that I have. I cannot lose any more.
        Originally posted by Shan
        everybody's hair comes out when you pull it
        Stop it, and find another test
        Yeah, if you yank on it. Pull tests are pretty valid in determining how strong your shedding is.

Comment

• Woodyy
          • Apr 2013

Same boat as you, I reckon I lose 30 hairs a day at most now. Just waiting for it all to thicken back up.

Comment

• Aames
            Inactive
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Woodyy
            Same boat as you, I reckon I lose 30 hairs a day at most now. Just waiting for it all to thicken back up.
            Gah, the wait is killing me. My density is shit compared to how it was a year ago.

Comment

• BigThinker
              • Oct 2012

Counting hairs will drive you crazy -- well, it's driving me crazy anyways.

The days I can get myself to not count hairs and incessantly think about my hair are days I enjoy myself; I wish I could have them more often.

Comment

• Aames
                Inactive
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker
                Counting hairs will drive you crazy -- well, it's driving me crazy anyways.

The days I can get myself to not count hairs and incessantly think about my hair are days I enjoy myself; I wish I could have them more often.
                I know your feels, brah. Drives me insane. That's why I made this thread. If I can determine that my hair loss has stopped, I think I would be better equipped to stop worrying about it so much.

Comment

Working...