Do I Have To Stop Coloring My Hair Before Or After a Hair Transplant?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbtadmin
    Administrator
    • Sep 2008

Do I Have To Stop Coloring My Hair Before Or After a Hair Transplant?

I am wanting to start coloring my hair. If I color my hair, can I still get a hair transplant? Do I have to stop coloring my hair before or after the hair transplant? - Todd
    --------
    Todd, It is okay to color your hair. It will not affect your ability [...]

More...
  • Lefty76
    • Nov 2008

On the contrary I am wondering if I will HAVE to color my hair post transplant make it blend in?

Comment

• Pfxx
      • Nov 2008

Thats an interesting thought, you should ask this guy:

Hey all, Jotronic here. I'm a repair patient of Hasson & Wong and am currently a patient educator for Hasson & Wong as well. If anyone here has questions for me I'm glad to help out.

I'm curious about the answer myself. I wouldn't think so, but hey who knows.

Comment

• WomensHairLossProject
        • Oct 2008

love the disclaimer

Originally posted by Dr. Feller

After about 10 days the scalp is completely recovered from the transplant and I tell my patients they can paint their hair with house paint if they want, it won't affect the transplant. (Disclaimer, the previous line was based in absurdity to make a point. Dr. Feller, Feller Medical, PC, nor any agent of Dr. Feller advocates the use of house paint for coloring hair )
        I am not a doctor. I am just another 34 year old girl who has been dealing with hair loss for 13 years. Everything I say is only my opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Bobman
          • Nov 2008

Before my temple surgery I had my hair colored with blond streaks about a month before. It didn't make a difference what so ever. I just recently colored my hair again after growing it out from a buzz cut this summer and I'm loving it! Damn it feels good to have options.

Comment

• Jkel
            • Oct 2008

Does It Cause Hair Loss?

Can coloring your hair make you lose it? I'm prematurely gray and have been coloring for years. Is it possible that this is causing some of my hair loss?

Comment

• Jkel
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Feller
              Again,
              Hair is NOT alive. It doesn't care what you do to it. Only the follicle matters, and thats deep within the skin. As long as your coloring process doesn't burn or significantly and chronically irritate the skin it can't hurt.

Here are a few things that WILL hurt your hair:

1. Constant traction- like repeatedly pulling your hair back into a tight ponytail or bun.
              2. Constant plucking-trichotilomania
              3. Wearing hair systems for a long time.
              4. The adhesive from hair systems.
              5. Significant physical trauma like having been hit by a bus.
              6. Significant psychological trauma like grief,a severely broken heart, or democrats controlling all three branches of government.
              7. Prolonged illness. See number 6.
              Thanks Dr. Feller. That makes me feel better.

Comment

• iub
                • Dec 2008

#6 is gold. Pure gold!

Comment

Working...