+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ya that article is old, from over a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    Ya that article is old, from over a year ago.
    Indeed, the atmosphere was much different when that article was published. Had a good laugh when i came across the quote from Hitzig and his ridiculous flu vaccine analogy for acell/prp.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    Indeed, the atmosphere was much different when that article was published. Had a good laugh when i came across the quote from Hitzig and his ridiculous flu vaccine analogy for acell/prp.
    I don't get you guys, you're talking like 2012 was a long time ago and that there's been a lot of bad news or something since then. Histogen hasn't had any set backs since last year. Sure if this was an article from 2009 or something then I get your comments cos after that Histogen had the whole courtcase set back but we're talking about less than a year ago! In an interview that Gail gave in November of last year she stated exactly the same timeframe, well think she said 2016 for U.S and possibily a year before in Asia. Think they hope to be able to release in Asia after phase IIb. If they are able to release after IIb in Asia then a 2015 release is completely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    I don't get you guys, you're talking like 2012 was a long time ago and that there's been a lot of bad news or something since then. Histogen hasn't had any set backs since last year. Sure if this was an article from 2009 or something then I get your comments cos after that Histogen had the whole courtcase set back but we're talking about less than a year ago! In an interview that Gail gave in November of last year she stated exactly the same timeframe, well think she said 2016 for U.S and possibily a year before in Asia. Think they hope to be able to release in Asia after phase IIb. If they are able to release after IIb in Asia then a 2015 release is completely possible.
    Could you give me the link to this interview? I don't recall her saying that anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Could you give me the link to this interview? I don't recall her saying that anywhere
    http://m.utsandiego.com/video/play/48502/

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    By the way, that's a 2012 article.

We know 2015 is out of the question by now. Move along...
    What information has come out since then that makes you say that. Last I heard, 2015 is still in play.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by inkt2002 View Post
    What information has come out since then that makes you say that. Last I heard, 2015 is still in play.
    +1
    what are you talking about conpecia?

There was a whole lot of talk about Histogen's timeline and how they probably wouldn't be able to release by 2015. This was a couple months ago. I don't know guys honestly speculating on timelines is not the best thing to do.

We can only hope, 2015 would be awesome, but be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    We're not commenting about the length of time. Back when this article was written we had far less information on the technology described within it, than we have now. Since the article was published:

We have found out that Acell plucking/acell prp doesn't work.

We've found out that Aderans does not grow new follicles, such as the company suggested, and was the real value of their technology - at least to bald NW5+ guys. We also now know that aderans rejuvenates a very minimal number of hairs, which was a disappointment.

We know Replicel's procedure had very disappointing results in their phase I/II study. Which came as a shock to the company, investors and all those afflicted with the mpb.

We now know that Bimatoprost was a failure in it's clinical trial.

We now can more or less write off Follica. They've lost numerous executive level managers and bench level scientists and have had no activity, neither research or financial, to speak of.

So, yeah, it was a very different climate before all this information came out. The last year or two has been loaded with information - probably more has come out than at any time period in the past. At least since i've been following MPB research - which has been more than 10yrs. Unfortunately, not much of the info has been good. With maybe one exception...Histogen.

Histogen has yet to show what they've accomplished in phase II. Hopefully they'll do well and can stay on target for a 2015 release in eastern market. That would be huge. And for me, really, they are the last hope for something big to come out in the next 5 yrs. Because outside of them, i don't see much coming through. Maybe, and it's a big maybe, Dr Nigram and his donor doubling/HM will show something. And the fact that others are getting in to the donor regeneration game, is a very good sign. But as far as a non surgical treatment - Histogen is it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    We're not commenting about the length of time. Back when this article was written we had far less information on the technology described within it, than we have now. Since the article was published:

We have found out that Acell plucking/acell prp doesn't work.

We've found out that Aderans does not growing new follicles, such as the company suggested, and was the real value of their technology - at least to bald NW5+ guys. We also now know that aderans rejuvenates a very minimal number of hairs, which was a disappointment.

We know Replicel's procedure had very disappointing results in their phase I/II study. Which came as a shock to the company, investors and all those afflicted with the mpb.

We now know that Bimatoprost was a failure in it's clinical trial.

We now can more or less write off Follica. They've lost numerous executive level managers and bench level scientists and have had no activity, neither research or financial, to speak of.

So, yeah, it was a very different climate before all this information came out. The last year or two has been loaded with information - probably more has come out than at any time period in the past. At least since i've been following MPB research - which has been more than 10yrs. Unfortunately, not much of the info has been good. With maybe one exception...Histogen.

Histogen has yet to show what they've accomplished in phase II. Hopefully they'll do well and can stay on target for a 2015 release in eastern market. That would be huge. And for me, really, they are the last hope for something big to come out in the next 5 yrs. Because outside of them, i don't see much coming through. Maybe, and it's a big maybe, Dr Nigram and his donor doubling/HM will show something. And the fact that others are getting in to the donor regeneration game, is a very good sign. But as far as a non surgical treatment - Histogen is it.
    All true. To be honest the point I was trying to make was about what had changed in terms of Histogen since the article. The OP was using the article to show Histogen expected to release in 2015 and people started to dispute that based on the date on the article. I was making the point that I could see no reason as to a change in Histogen's timeline since the article as there had been no reported complications fir them. Members such as Conpecia seemed adament that the 2015 timeframe was out the window and I wanted to know why.