Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Conpecia
    • Sep 2011

Spencer and RU Skeptics: Explain Hellouser's Results

Apparently on the most recent BTT episode Spencer said something along the lines of feeling sorry for people who use RU because it doesn't work. I know JFSI reads these threads and I think Spencer should take a look at Hellouser's RU results thread, which in my opinion is pretty solid (albeit amateur) documentation of RU's efficacy. I haven't heard too many people say "I tried RU for a year and nothing happened whatsoever." If people like that are in the woodworks chime in. It stifles potential advancements for a guy with Spencer's influence to dismiss what could be an excellent topical alternative for those who cannot tolerate finasteride. The truth of the matter is the side effects profile for Propecia is understated. There's no way so many guys on here (myself included) just happen to be in the 2% or whatever they officially state. Why else do you think a topical fin solution is being developed right now and was presented at the World Congress? Companies wouldn't waste their time and money.
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

No one should have to take Finasteride.

Comment

• Conpecia
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
      No one should have to take Finasteride.
      Not if something like RU works better without the sides.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

The thing is this, those taking RU, are they taking it by itself with no other hair loss treatment?

Comment

• Conpecia
          • Sep 2011

Right that's the easiest counterargument. But I don't think Hellouser started taking a bunch of stuff at the same time, correct me if I'm wrong. I definitely think there's a synergistic effect taking RU and Minox.

Comment

• Shan
            • Feb 2013

You people and your theories. make me laugh.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Conpecia
              Right that's the easiest counterargument. But I don't think Hellouser started taking a bunch of stuff at the same time, correct me if I'm wrong. I definitely think there's a synergistic effect taking RU and Minox.
              Does it no bother you that there are no before and after pictures of RU, i'm talking about a large study with lots of pictures?

That does bother me.

Don't get me wrong, if it was easier to get my hands on it, I would try it. But it's difficult to get, make, and I don't even know what I am putting on my head or how well it works.

Good luck to every one using it. I do not feel bad for you or anything like that, you are trying different things, that's good. Hopefully all of you see great results.

Comment

• Winston
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Conpecia
                Apparently on the most recent BTT episode Spencer said something along the lines of feeling sorry for people who use RU because it doesn't work
                That's a completely false statement. Spencer has said many times that RU can work. He has, however, stated that he is concerned for the young guys who purchase these agents on the "gray" market, not knowing if they are actually purchasing the real McCoy, and that they can be causing themselves more harm than good.

Comment

• BaldJerry
                  • May 2012

I don't think this forum is the best place to have experimental hairloss discussions

Comment

• PayDay
                    • Nov 2008

What are you talking about? Spencer's been saying that RU has been shown to work for years! He actually said the other day that it might be the people who are experimenting with the black market products who will end up being called pioneers in the hair loss community. I think he said that he feels sorry for people who are wasting time and money buying bogus stuff, or something like that.

Comment

• ChrisM
                      • Jun 2012

Last time I checked the pictures posted with the results and the timeline admitted the person was not only on RU but Minoxidil and coming off of using Finasteride recently among other products. Using both in concert or cycling on and off of Fin while using RU it is inconclusive to me that RU is doing all of the heavy lifting with the hair results claimed. Not to mentioned at the angles and lighting shown one can easily pull photoshop magic or crop images or for that matter pull the photos from someone else. So it is not cut and dry that one person's results shown mean that Finasteride is crap that RU is king.

Comment

• jlantern
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ChrisM
                        Last time I checked the pictures posted with the results and the timeline admitted the person was not only on RU but Minoxidil and coming off of using Finasteride recently among other products. Using both in concert or cycling on and off of Fin while using RU it is inconclusive to me that RU is doing all of the heavy lifting with the hair results claimed. Not to mentioned at the angles and lighting shown one can easily pull photoshop magic or crop images or for that matter pull the photos from someone else. So it is not cut and dry that one person's results shown mean that Finasteride is crap that RU is king.
                        Everyone needs to calm down and realize it early to say anything definitive, but I can tell you ive used fin for over 1 year added RU and in 2 months time its made a huge difference for me.

Realize we are not scientist, but people taking the time out of our day to document and help those interested. If you have no experience with RU please tread lightly on your claims

Comment

• ChrisM
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by jlantern
                          Everyone needs to calm down and realize it early to say anything definitive, but I can tell you ive used fin for over 1 year added RU and in 2 months time its made a huge difference for me.

Realize we are not scientist, but people taking the time out of our day to document and help those interested. If you have no experience with RU please tread lightly on your claims
                          You just said yourself you are not a scientist and many here are not. However when you say RU is working for an individual and he is actively using CB, Minoxidil and he just came off of using Finasteride along with Nizoral and Saw Palmetto how the hell can some objectively say that the RU is responsible for the regrowth ? That is not an objective or scientific approach because the effect of regrowth from all of those variables both topical and what is being ingested is cumulative in terms of results. So it is nothing but speculation as opposed to concrete scientific proof to say that RU in the best thing for baldness out there. There are no scientific research trials that put RU up against Dutasteride or Finasteride to show over a period of time that it decisively trumps both and believe me I have used Google to search for it. It does not exist as of yet.
                          I am entitled to my skepticism as you are entitled to your beliefs on the subject. If it has worked for those individuals I have congratulated them for said gains. It doesn't mean however that I believe the drug is working across the board for everyone as a universal accepted truth.

Comment

• Conpecia
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Winston
                            That's a completely false statement. Spencer has said many times that RU can work. He has, however, stated that he is concerned for the young guys who purchase these agents on the "gray" market, not knowing if they are actually purchasing the real McCoy, and that they can be causing themselves more harm than good.
                            You can all thank Shan for wasting our time. Got the statement from him, hence the word "apparently." Should have verified myself beforehand, can't trust the hearsay. Thanks for the clarification, nothing further from me here.

Comment

• tdo
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by ChrisM
                              You just said yourself you are not a scientist and many here are not. However when you say RU is working for an individual and he is actively using CB, Minoxidil and he just came off of using Finasteride along with Nizoral and Saw Palmetto how the hell can some objectively say that the RU is responsible for the regrowth ? That is not an objective or scientific approach because the effect of regrowth from all of those variables both topical and what is being ingested is cumulative in terms of results. So it is nothing but speculation as opposed to concrete scientific proof to say that RU in the best thing for baldness out there. There are no scientific research trials that put RU up against Dutasteride or Finasteride to show over a period of time that it decisively trumps both and believe me I have used Google to search for it. It does not exist as of yet.
                              I am entitled to my skepticism as you are entitled to your beliefs on the subject. If it has worked for those individuals I have congratulated them for said gains. It doesn't mean however that I believe the drug is working across the board for everyone as a universal accepted truth.
                              I think you need to re-read his(Hellouser's) threard. He never used fin...... You can almost rule out CB to his success as he just recently started CB. So we can conclude that his results are achieved either by or from the combination of Minoxidil, RU, and saw palmetto.....

Comment

Working...