+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia black hair

I have 5/ 6 hairs white hairs on my goatee stubble. I have had it for quite a while but the other day I looked in the mirror and there are only 2 left.
    Is it possible for propecia to turn grey hair back to original colour ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    I have 5/ 6 hairs white hairs on my goatee stubble. I have had it for quite a while but the other day I looked in the mirror and there are only 2 left.
    Is it possible for propecia to turn grey hair back to original colour ?
    Afraid not Shan. That's genetics where the pigmentation of the hair changes due to natural the aging process. Even the hair I have grown back on my scalp some of it is now turning grey and white. Propecia only deals with regrowth but not the color of aid regrowth as it does not go down to the genetic level in terms of what it does.

Thanks for the reply.
    That wasn't the question i asked.
    I want to know what caused some white hairs to go back to their original colour.

Yeah I thought so, I was a bit lost because of the reply, I thought my reading comprehension was not right today.

Are these the only white hairs you have? Also, depending on how long you had them maybe they could have been stress related?

Well i don't think its stress related. No major stress factor.
    These are a few white hairs on my chin which i actually like, but all of a sudden there not there now. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    That wasn't the question i asked.
    I want to know what caused some white hairs to go back to their original colour.
    It could be any numbers of factors from stress loss to a change in diet to lack of exposure to pollutants in the environment. Maybe even vitamins or added supplements you have been taking or an increase in fitness and exercise routines. And although it wasn't the answer you expected it is the cause of it the lack of protein pigments in the hair strand that are replicated by your hereditary DNA over and over again with regrowth and hair sheds. The instruction the DNA strand gives eventually shuts off the protein pigment and in absence of that it turns white. The sudden reversal suggests that whatever it was it was not due to aging or hereditary genetics but suggests something temporary that impacted your system to grow hairs in that manner. More like a temporary glitch.