Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pidda
    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by William Yates, MD
    By far beard hair is the best for growth and looks great. Using a .9mm punch or a 1.0mm leave acceptable scars under the chin. We have been able to get an extra 1,000 grafts from a fairly dense beard. I use beard hair as filler, never on the hairline or temples. Beard hair growth is very predictable.
    That seems like a huge punch size for beard grafts.

Comment

• pidda
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by radhika
      Hair transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called the 'donor site' to bald or balding part of the body known as the 'recipient site'.
      when a large punch is used in the donor area in the scalp excessively, it will create an overharvested look pretty fast compared to a combination of different sized manual punches. Using only a large punch would create an unaesthetically pleasing donor shaving closer to the skin and make scars more visible. Many doctors have no problem with transecting with smaller punches, granted it depends on the size of the graft. Hair transplantation is hair transplantation no matter how you look at it, but the ability to camouflage with FUE is a nice tradeoff. It is important to choose wisely how you go about it no matter where the grafts are taken out including the beard and body hair because the idea is to not make the extraction too visible. Regardless, it depends on the healing characteristics and hair characteristics to find which tool is best.

Comment

• yogeshjoshi
        • Mar 2015

There are many types of hair transplant methods which are helpful for the bald person, talking about body hair for transplant is also a good technique which is known as Body Hair Transplant (BHT) method. The BHT method is very popular method and the best hair transplant in Indore.

Comment

• vinnytr
          • Jan 2012

Dr Cole , could you please confirm beard hair can be taken from the lower part of the neck / the area around Adam`s apple as well ?

Comment

• GNX
            • Dec 2012

the WHY is because its in the Telogen phase much longer. beard hair is closer to head hair as far as growth stages go but the remaining body hair other then pubic and underarm hair are different and stay in the telogen phase far longer.
            Originally posted by gillenator
            The growth cycles of BH are varying and quite unique to the scalp. Why? No one seems to know and why it is still in a "try and see what happens" stage.

Comment

• gillenator
              • Dec 2008

The longer telogen phase may be true "after" the BH has been transplanted however any studies to confirm this are far and few. I have done my own observations of BH on my own body by counting total number of hair(s) and FUs in a defined region and the count has very little change at all. So native BH IMHO remains in the growth phase for much longer periods, at least in my own case.

Results from beard graft donor still remains a mystery. I have, like many others, been waiting to see more matured cases of beard donor yet there have been next to none that have come forth show-casing their results...
              "Gillenator"
              Independent Patient Advocate
              more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

Working...