+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

I haven't read all the replies to the thread. However, I assume you would only want to consider using body hair if you ran out of donor hair from your head, correct? I would also assume your level of baldness is very high or you have extremely low levels of donor hair to want to even consider getting donor hair from body.

I am curious, is it possible for another person, another human being to donate you grafts? I realise that the hair type could be slightly different. Let's just assume you are similar hair type, could it cause any other issues, like your system rejecting it because it's from someone else's body? I don't know the correct terms to use, as I am no science expert and have very limited knowledge on this, but I wanted to know if scientists or hair experts have looked at getting grafts from other human beings who would be willing to donate their grafts, and if it works?

I assume if science can move body parts like liver, kidneys etc from one human being to another, then hair may also be a possibility? I would love to hair some replies on this?

As far as I know and to make a long story short: it is not feasible to transplant hair grafts from one human to another, something that has been multiple times studied.

This might be the reason why body hair transplant does not work half of times: because body does not recognized body hairs like own hairs but like strange objects and they are rejected. It might be that those individuals whose body hair is very different from scalp hair are then bad candidates for BHT. And this might be the same reason why beard hair is more predictable because it is head hair and due to proximity not so different to scalp hair.

I also want to relaunch two questions:
    Why this limitation of 36 graft per sq cm, already mentioned in some other post ?, why does scalp may be poisoned when dense body hair packing is done?. Any guessed reason for this?.
    What is the waiting time for body hairs and beard hairs to break the skin after shedding post surgery?, is there any difference observed with scalp hair in the "waiting game"?.

Well, many thanks in advance to all of you for reading and replying. It is very important to get clear conclusions about the last resource nowadays for those with limited donor scalp hairs, and we are many.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gallovolador View Post
    I wonder how he got this conclusion of maximum 36 body hair grafts per sq cm. I guess it is coming from his observation and experience.
    My head played a part in zeroing in on the realities of body hair growth. I participated in one of Dr. Cole's studies where leg hair was transplanted in 1cm squares at varying densities to evaluate growth. The area where the grafts were placed was slick bald, so it was easy to see and evaluate the growth. The 1cm square of low density placement initially grew the best. The dense packed 1cm square grew absolutely nothing! I can still see after 6 years the hair growing in the area of low density placement, but it is cosmetically insignificant because the hair caliber decreased over time.

- Chuck at doctor Cole's office.

I have yet to see a decent result from using leg hair irrespective of the proximity of graft placement.

Definitely want to do test sessions no matter where the BH donor zone is located below the neck.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

I am planning on having a body hair test done when I get my hair transplant. I was thinking of doing either chest or arms? Anybody have any thoughts? Is chest normally quite successful? What about arms? Never hear much about arm hair.

I was also taking maybe leg hair to soften my hairline as I know Dr Umar does this but I'm thing I'm probably just wasting my time & would be better to just use normal singled hair grafts? I just thought that I cold maybe lower my hairline slightly more if I used leg hair that was all

I've seen plenty of good responses to leg and thigh hair. I simply have seen plenty of poor yields as well. This is one example. I still consider head hair first. Beard hair second. Then other sources of body hair. When chest hair grows, it is probably a better source than leg hair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	leg hair before.jpg

Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	23829   Click image for larger version

Name:	leg hair after.jpg

Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	23830  

i've used arm hair to soften temple points and the hair line.

I built this temple point with arm hair. I soften the hairline with leg hair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	temple 1 (1).jpg

Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	23831  

Thanks Dr Cole! Those results look pretty good but I understand your point abut the pure uncertainty with body hair.

For my test patch what's your advice about which area/s to use? I was thinking chest? But is leg or arm worth considering.

Thanks again for your help!

The really funky thing about body hair is that you never what source is going to grow best on an individual. In some people, leg hair grows best. In others it's abdomen. In others it's back, while in others it's chest. If you do the test, pick a source or perhaps two sources in different areas and try them. Oh, I forgot, in many none of them works well. Good luck.