X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbtadmin
    Administrator
    • Sep 2008

Coping with Hair Loss In The UK

Spencer Kobren and Spencer (Spex) Stevenson speak with a 56 year old caller about his hair loss concerns and his early success with Propecia, and BTT forum user Breaking Bald calls in from Scotland to let the guys know how much better he’s doing emotionally since he’s found TBT.[...]Spencer Kobren – Coping with Hair Loss In The UK is a post from: Hair Loss Show: The Bald Truth

More...
  • Spex
    Dr Representative
    • Nov 2008

Thanks for posting TBTadmin. Enjoyable show.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Artista
      • Apr 2010

Les' from Bristol who had called in on this UK Ep. 7 is actually 54 years old Admin'(not 56) He is same age as myself !! They had a GREAT conversation on the show and I am now considering Propecia (finasteride) due to Les' experience using Fin' especially since we are the same age.
      Thanks Les!
      Les, dont forget to share with us the name of your doctor.
      As Spencer had said, it sounds like your doctor knows a great deal in dealing with hair loss.
      'BreakingBald' was also a great caller . His positive outlook goes a long way for many here.

Comment

• Jcm800
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Artista
        Les' from Bristol who had called in on this UK Ep. 7 is actually 54 years old Admin'(not 56) He is same age as myself !! They had a GREAT conversation on the show and I am now considering Propecia (finasteride) due to Les' experience using Fin' especially since we are the same age.
        Thanks Les!
        Les, dont forget to share with us the name of your doctor.
        As Spencer had said, it sounds like your doctor knows a great deal in dealing with hair loss.
        'BreakingBald' was also a great caller . His positive outlook goes a long way for many here.
        I also enjoyed listening to this show, Les seemed enthusiastic about Fin, was inspiring, but sadly for me, i'm still on the damn fence regarding taking it - i'm 44 now, still have slow loss and a fair bit left, so i may even benefit from taking it - just dont know, always seems like a major gamble with one's health to me..

Comment

• Artista
          • Apr 2010

Hi Jcm' I understand completely. Im sure you have heard Spencer's point of view on using Fin' ...I have never considered using Fin' because of my age. I didn't start to have severe hair loss until I was in my late 40s. As Les had mentioned about his own hair loss , I too had a high hairline (receding) which began in my late 20s/early30s but I still have a relatively full head of hair. At least, the receding didn't dash my spirits, not until my late 40s.
          I would think that one major factor that may have excelled the hair loss was stress due to a 'Perfect Storm' in my life back then. I weathered the storm but came out of it with advanced hair loss.
          So as I have said Jcm , I had never considered using that drug because of my age, the side effects that i had heard of.
          Les' recent experience in-conjunction with all the data that I had previously learned has made me reconsider Fin'.

Comment

• Jcm800
            • Jan 2011

Hi Arista, i hear you dude - it's a tricky call for me - i 'think' i could handle certain sides, such as watery semen, maybe a lessened libido. But were i to get mental sides, and or gyno for instance - that's hard to deal with. Now, i know many men tolerate the drug well, and i may indeed be one of them. What freak's me, is if i'm not, and i quit the drug - and sides remain, what then? Life is screwed, so im constantly battling with the need for hair, or the benefit of Fin and good gains, or shitty sides and ruined quality of life, all these thoughts, maybe with my fear's i'm best of laving it, just dont know!.

Comment

• Shan
              • Feb 2013

you could start with a low dose and build up gradually
              Just a thought
              good luck anyway

Comment

• Jcm800
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Shan
                you could start with a low dose and build up gradually
                Just a thought
                good luck anyway
                Yeah cheers Shan that's how i would start for sure, if i was to embark on it..

Comment

• Shan
                  • Feb 2013

just do it bro and then forget about it.
                  Thinking about it and reading these forums will defo give you sides

Comment

• Jcm800
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by an
                    just do it bro and then forget about it.
                    Thinking about it and reading these forums will defo give you sides
                    Where do you get yours from? Are you taking 1mg daily?

Comment

• Artista
                      • Apr 2010

Thanks for the suggestions Shan

Comment

• steve66
                        • Jul 2013

finasteride

Hi Arista im 55 years old. i was abit worried about takeing finasteride, but
                        now im takeing it, and im takeing 5mg finasteride, so yeah go and take it

and by the way, ive had no side affects as yet.

Comment

• Andrew Vernon
                          • Jun 2014

HI Atista . I spoke with Spencer and Spex on the show . In 2006 I searched for a hair restoration surgeon in the U.K . I had little success and was unable to find a surgeon . After a bad experience in Asia . I did a lot of research and eventually chose Dr Cole in Atlanta . To share my experience please view the Youtube / Forhair / Patient from North Wales - UK

Comment

Working...