+ Reply to Thread

Default There probably won't be larger HST:s than this?

Like i wrote in my other thread I just had a 1500 grafts procedure at HASCI.
    But I also realize that I will need a minimum of 6000-8000 grafts to achieve a decent result all over the head.
    I guess it's possible that this will be achieved by coming back for many of these small procedures at HASCI with about 9-12 month in between each of them.

During my treatment I also spoke with the staff about my wishes to make larger extractions from the donor area in the future.
    The response I got was that they would be happy to make HST:s with larger amounts of grafts, BUT the problem is simply the fact that larger extractions than this will damage the donor area.
    In other words, there probably won't be any larger HST:s even in the future, simply because with larger extractions the regenerations of grafts in the donor area will not be possible. Unless the patient has extraordinarily good donor area. This thought is not too hopeful.
    This is my interpretation of the whole thing, but I hope I'm wrong.
    What do you guys think?

I would really like to be able to extract more than 1400-1500 grafts per session, otherwise this is gonna take many years.
    And at the same time I realize that, because my donor area is so limited, the regeneration in the donor area with HASCI's method is my only alternative at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by censur View Post
    Like i wrote in my other thread I just had a 1500 grafts procedure at HASCI.
    But I also realize that I will need a minimum of 6000-8000 grafts to achieve a decent result all over the head.
    I guess it's possible that this will be achieved by coming back for many of these small procedures at HASCI with about 9-12 month in between each of them.

During my treatment I also spoke with the staff about my wishes to make larger extractions from the donor area in the future.
    The response I got was that they would be happy to make HST:s with larger amounts of grafts, BUT the problem is simply the fact that larger extractions than this will damage the donor area.
    In other words, there probably won't be any larger HST:s even in the future, simply because with larger extractions the regenerations of grafts in the donor area will not be possible. Unless the patient has extraordinarily good donor area. This thought is not too hopeful.
    This is my interpretation of the whole thing, but I hope I'm wrong.
    What do you guys think?

I would really like to be able to extract more than 1400-1500 grafts per session, otherwise this is gonna take many years.
    And at the same time I realize that, because my donor area is so limited, the regeneration in the donor area with HASCI's method is my only alternative at the moment.
    To be honest, you haven't really made any revelations here! However I would simply suggest you don't wait the full 12 months, make sure it's 9 months to the day, all those '3months' add up big time.

As for Hasci saying large extractions will damage the donor area, the way I understand this is because so many holes in your head creates more risk and stress to the regeneration of your donor area.

Why not maybe increase it to 2000 from 1500, life is for taking risks! Surely this extra 500 won't make a huge difference, just be prepared to lose slightly more than you would normally lose when doing 1500. If you tell them you want to take the risk and that you understand this, then they will reluctantly do it for you. That I'm almost sure of.

Could this doctor's HST be a scam? It is possible that he thinks non of the donor will generate. And taking 8,000 draft would thin out the donor region.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Could this doctor's HST be a scam? It is possible that he thinks non of the donor will generate. And taking 8,000 draft would thin out the donor region.
    No chance of that.