+ Reply to Thread

Default Rogaine before transplant

Hey guys, I'm a 23 year old male who has started receding for the past 2 years. Thick hair otherwise - and easy to conceal hair loss, or even showing the recession it looks mature (for now). I can tell it's going to continue going past this level since it is actively doing so - and both my maternal/paternal side have balding. Though, it's very slow on my dads side and stops at NW3-4A (which is much better than NW6-7 on moms side). I am probably currently a NW2 - or well not completely a NW2 yet.

Anyways, I am thinking of using Gho to restore my hair as needed. I am willing to do as many treatments as it takes as well.

However, I have not used Rogaine yet. Do you think I should try Rogaine first? I have heard it can help maintain hair/hairline/vertex for a few years. I have tried fin - side effects were no good and I get the feeling it sped up my hair loss process after I stopped.

You may have experienced some shedding when you stopped the finasteride.

And yes, minoxidil can buy us some time as long as you are aware that minoxidil does not inhibit DHT, the source of our genetic hairloss.

IMHO, minoxidil can stimulate new hair growth and also can improve hair shaft diameter. This increase in hair caliber produces better visual coverage of a thinning area.

Also maybe consider speaking with the doctor who prescribed finasteride for you and see if the dosage or frequency of taking finasteride will help with the sides. Just a thought.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

You should consider taking fin again if you want to maintain hair after transplant.