+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

534623 what's your opinion on topical fin? seems legitimate to me, but I'm not so bald yet and it won't matter to those looking for regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Not true. They could invest in Gho's techniques for 50K and put serious efforts into donor regeneration. They could switch from FUT to FUE. All of that slows down the evolution.
    FUT will always exist until hair multiplication comes to market or until doctors like Gho start performing much much larger procedures. FUE is great but you simply can't get as many grafts over a person's lifetime as you can with strip, a NW6 with average density may be able to obtain say 8000 grafts from strip and then still be able to get more via FUE. While that same guy will probably only be able to get a max of say 5000 grafts from FUE alone. Then that same patient going to Gho will spent 10 years trying to get the same amount of grafts he could obtain from strip in 1 or two years. So while strip is not ideal, and I am not advocating for it, it has its purpose and will continue to do so until hair multiplication comes to market or doctors performing regeneration do much larger procedure. So suggesting all surgeons immediately abandon strip isn't going to happen and doesn't make sense with current technology.

why it wont matter to those looking for regrowth? topical fin cannot regrow? only maintain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    534623 what's your opinion on topical fin? seems legitimate to me, but I'm not so bald yet and it won't matter to those looking for regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    FUT will always exist until hair multiplication comes to market or until doctors like Gho start performing much much larger procedures. FUE is great but you simply can't get as many grafts over a person's lifetime as you can with strip, a NW6 with average density may be able to obtain say 8000 grafts from strip and then still be able to get more via FUE. While that same guy will probably only be able to get a max of say 5000 grafts from FUE alone. Then that same patient going to Gho will spent 10 years trying to get the same amount of grafts he could obtain from strip in 1 or two years. So while strip is not ideal, and I am not advocating for it, it has its purpose and will continue to do so until hair multiplication comes to market or doctors performing regeneration do much larger procedure. So suggesting all surgeons immediately abandon strip isn't going to happen and doesn't make sense with current technology.

Ah, but you're arguing against yourself right? Wouldn't the current technology be different if those same FUT doctors had endorsed advancements in FUE instead of charging more per graft for FUT? Pretty sure we'd have seen vast improvements in FUE yield and time between procedures if FUE was the new standard. Of course we'll never know...

Quote Originally Posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE View Post
    why it wont matter to those looking for regrowth? topical fin cannot regrow? only maintain?
    yeah since fin is a dht-inhibitor it's widely considered to be a maintenance treatment, though some do experience mild regrowth. just thinking about it, if oral fin was a real regrowth treatment all of us who've been on propecia for 5+ years would be walking around with a lot more hair. generally people combine dht-inhibitors with growth stimulants like minoxidil.

Quote Originally Posted by drnigams View Post
    3)Donor doubling ,now confirmed by independent study by LIN,HUANG of Shantou university ,china...confirming that a bisected follicle with outer root sheath can grow it's own dermal papilla back in vitro in lab
    (with specail culture medium)
    and mouse..These guys have developed a special instrument to cut the follicle in vivo with a scissor like structure as punch.
    I was fortunate to see major part of congress being focussed on DP culture models ..3d spheroidal,culture mediums with supplements..layered models,hanging drop models,capsules,scaffolds etc. This would help our lab move forward with respect to trichogenic dp culture.
    Special culture medium yup... last month we still had a different name for it erm... "illusion"... something a bit like that....

Wasn't Histogen suppose to be presenting today? Nothing from them yet?

You are mistaken..it is not about soaking the gafts ..but culturing them in lab ..on the lines of stemcell culture in the lab.
    The control was in dmem media and the study group was cultured in vitro in lab like stemcell cuturing with different media..

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    Special culture medium yup... last month we still had a different name for it erm... "illusion"... something a bit like that....

http://www.google.com/patents/EP2153836A1?cl=en
    The above link to patent for topical finasteride should help.
    You can contact the company directly.
    If we have any pharmacist ,skin permeation expert as forum member..they can be of help.
    I will work on it..give me some time .

[QUOTE=UK_;121800]Topical finasteride looks good, 71% scalp DHT reduction with low systemic absorbtion, any ideas when this will be available Dr Nigam and where we can get our hands on it?

I think the dermal sheat cells is a good shout from Jahoda, do you think you could apply the 3D spheroidal DP culture with Dermal SHEAThttp

Hahahaha those pictures are hilarious. All the people Nigam is taking pictures with have that WTF look on their faces. Like "who the **** is this guy and why am I taking a picture with him?"