+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Dr. Nigam you are the Amitabh Bachchan of the hair loss world!

Thanks for all your efforts posting here, and collaborating with all these researchers. Seems like the researchers and scientists have less ego then HT surgeons on average.

Dr. Nigam: Thanks for your efforts!! Your work ethic is nothing short of phenomenal, and I commend you for your diligence and attempts to keep us informed.

Very excited about topical fin; if we can minimize systemic sides (particularly feminization) and maintain most of the efficacy of oral fin, I'll be back in business!! Do you happen to know a timeframe for topical fin?

Also: killer shades!

I think it's true that a lot of the HT surgeons are not interested in better treatments because it may impact their profession, I also think this is sickening and disgraceful behaviour, it's not just people with MPB that will benefit but burn victims and individuals with other forms of alopecia including people undergoing chemotherapy!

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I think it's true that a lot of the HT surgeons are not interested in better treatments because it may impact their profession, I also think this is sickening and disgraceful behaviour, it's not just people with MPB that will benefit but burn victims and individuals with other forms of alopecia including people undergoing chemotherapy!
    Bro, I've been echoing these sentiments for the longest time and this statement is so obviously true to me. It's all driven by money.

Also, on another topic, I do not even believe that topical finasteride would need FDA approval at all since it is already approved as a hair loss treatment. It's kind of similar to how Spencer had a pharmacy make him a topical minoxidil concoction before it was approved by the FDA for hair loss (since minoxidil was already FDA-approved for another condition).

Yep, I really hope Dr Nigam can give us some information on where we can obtain the topical fin they've developed - I understand Dr Nigam was given some samples to test too!

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Disgraceful as it may be, it's masochistic to support the death of your own career. Once the HT docs are outmoded it's not like they can just shift gears and be pediatricians. Their livelihood, family, etc. is at stake. All the specialized training they've done goes out the window. It makes sense that they would make it as hard as possible for us. But **** them. Science will win, and sooner rather than later. Dr. Nigam, Dr. Gho, Dr. Costarelis, and the other progressive researchers will be the big names moving forward. This is happening right now. New treatments are on the way. We just have to maintain the best we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Disgraceful as it may be, it's masochistic to support the death of your own career. Once the HT docs are outmoded it's not like they can just shift gears and be pediatricians. Their livelihood, family, etc. is at stake. All the specialized training they've done goes out the window. It makes sense that they would make it as hard as possible for us. But **** them. Science will win, and sooner rather than later. Dr. Nigam, Dr. Gho, Dr. Costarelis, and the other progressive researchers will be the big names moving forward. This is happening right now. New treatments are on the way. We just have to maintain the best we can.
    I should have mentioned not all HT surgeons are like that, Dr Ziering for example is supporting Histogen and is also a HT surgeon, the thing that matters most is the patients, not lining your own pockets at the expense of the misery of millions of people.

i think that Dr Nigam is going to be our center of attention the next days .

Thanks Dr Nigam for being our eyes and hears at these conferences, I appreciate you sharing the news.

Quote Originally Posted by UK
    While I wish more HT surgeons would work on advancing better treatments, its not like they have any ability in preventing any future treatments from coming to market, so it really doesn't matter. They will either adapt or become obsolete. Anyways in almost any case very few doctors in any field are actively involved in research. Usually you are either involved in private practice or in research, very few doctors are involved in both.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Thanks Dr Nigam for being our eyes and hears at these conferences, I appreciate you sharing the news.

While I wish more HT surgeons would work on advancing better treatments, its not like they have any ability in preventing any future treatments from coming to market, so it really doesn't matter. They will either adapt or become obsolete. Anyways in almost any case very few doctors in any field are actively involved in research. Usually you are either involved in private practice or in research, very few doctors are involved in both.

Not true. They could invest in Gho's techniques for 50K and put serious efforts into donor regeneration. They could switch from FUT to FUE. All of that slows down the evolution.