Thread: MHT vs SMP

Threaded View

Default MHT vs SMP

I've posted a couple threads on this topic recently and not gotten any responses which is a little discouraging...hopefully one of you will have some advice on this one--I had a FUT (2,500 grafts) transplant done two years ago and it left me with a big scar. As i can't tolerate propecia my hair has continued to thin out and now I am left with an awkward hairline and more thinning behind. It sucks, it really does.

I'd like to be able to shave my head and not worry about the scar--I shaved it recently to see how bad the scar would look and man, bad idea...but how else was I to know (in my case at least) what kind of scar I was dealing with? Well, now I know, and I really want to treat the scar with SMP or MHT--my understanding of these procedures is that MHT is permanent and SMP fades over two years time. Since I want to have a scar covered and not my whole head is MHT still a bad option? I am aware that I could have some discoloration over time--however, I wonder if this is not as easy as simply getting a touch up (as one might have to do with a tattoo anywhere else on their body).

Any and all thoughts and opinions for either MHT or SMP for scar repair would be really helpful for me to make some educated decisions about how to proceed. Thanks for your help!
    Attached Images