+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    If I'm understanding your situation, the grafts you had placed are raised above the surrounding skin. Steroid injections may be your safest initial treatment option. Excessive adipose transplanted with the grafts is the common culprit causing the bumpy appearance on your scalp. Steroid injections can eliminate some of that fat that cause your grafts to bulge outward.
    Thanks very much for the reply! Here's a link of someone who has something similar to what I'm referring to. While this isn't my head and mine is not nearly as severe as this, the raised/shiny skin is what I have and mainly on my right side. This man's scalp is much redder than mine, as well.

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...3months006.jpg

It would be great if steroid injections could eliminate that bulkiness and achieve a much smoother scalp.

Doctor Representative

Default Ridge Reduction

Thank you very much for this interesting topic and discussion. This is a post written directly by a team member at Dr. Epstein's practice and these opinions are my own:

- Dr. Epstein has performed endoscopic ridge reduction consistently for the last 5 years or so. He performs an average of around one of these procedures each month, which is "a lot" compared to most doctors, though there are few people worldwide who specialize in this procedure.

- We do not provide many examples of ridge reduction by photograph. Unfortunately, we have found that the ridging does not show itself well in photos "pre-op" so it is hard to see the results in a "post-op" photo. With that said, we do have many happy patients who have had this procedure and we would be happy to have a prospective patient speak with a patient or two who underwent the procedure.

- Additionally, to understand more completely how this procedure works, here are some thoughts:

Essentially, in most patients, ridging is formed by scar tissue. This scar tissue is removed using a tiny, endoscopic tool through very small incisions along the hairline which heal up to essentially undetectable dots. In most cases Dr. Epstein can remove around 70% of the ridging along a hairline. In some cases, inexplicably, the first removal results in a portion of the scar tissue returning and a 2nd and even a 3rd treatment is indicated, though this is exceedingly rare.

- The procedure, when it works well, is truly impressive. When it doesn't work well, there are limited downsides other than the need to perhaps have a 2nd round of ridge reduction with Dr. Epstein.

- Most have not heard of this as most hair doctors have a variety of specialties (dermatology, emergency medicine, radiology, cardiology etc.) and then decide to do hair. Dr. Epstein is a rare triple board certified facial plastic surgeon and this endoscopic ridge reduction is less of a "hair transplant related procedure" and more of a cosmetic surgery of the face that affects one's look for a lifetime. For this reason, Dr. Epstein performs and specializes in this procedure.

- We do offer photos that can be shared candidly in-office from patients not willing to post their face online, have references to speak with, and can provide wonderful results in the majority, but not all, of cases as is the nature of the procedure.

While some on this chain have chosen to suggest some doctors are good, while others are less respected, Dr. Epstein remains among the most selected doctors in the country for hair transplantation, endoscopic ridge reduction, reparative hair transplantation and much more, with over 60% of his patients traveling from all 50 states and now 79 countries for his services. Our entire team is at your service to answer specific questions and help you to plan your procedure or to help you to determine if this procedure may or may not be for you. The cost can vary, though an average for this procedure is around 5-7k give or take, not 12k as noted in this discussion. Again, we thank you for considering Dr. Epstein and his team and please contact us directly with any comments, needs, or questions.
    This account is monitored by the assistant team of Dr. Jeffrey S. Epstein. All opinions are those of the respondent.

Since I do have ridging from procedures performed in the past specifically Thomas/Elliott group using robust grafts in hairline and it can be somewhat seen in a pre op photo I am posting one here. It is also my opinion that when you hear about robust grafts from robotic fue devices as being a good thing I would disagree completely, just my opinion.

Anyone has tried this procedure or got any luck reducing the ridging issue whether using this method or any other method?

I have same problem, this hair transplant totally ruin my scalp

Someone can save us here ?