+ Reply to Thread

Default Amount of grafts

Hey everyone,

I recently got a hairtransplant done but I have the impression that the amount of grafts moved don't add up to the amount that was agreed so I was wondering if someone more knowledeable than me in this matter could make a rough estimation.
    My doubts are not just visual but also because they were a bit secretive about the amount, had to ask different people multiple times to get a number.
    I'll surely let you know which (famous) clinique I went to incase they didn't quite perform as was promised.

Sincerely,
    Johan

A lot of views already, actually all I want to know is the following;
    supposedly well above 3000 grafts have been moved, does it actually look like 3000 or more like 2000?

I won't give away the name of clinique because they were all very open/friendly/helpful (they almost enchanted me ;-), except when it comes to the amount of grafts. And since the amount of the grafts/hairs is, naturally, the core of the agreement (I didn't go there for socializing) I would very much like a rough verification.

Just give your opinion, with 3 opinions I should have a general idea

Looks like over 3000 to me. How long was your procedure?

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Yohan,,its looking pretty good to me. I agree with ITNEVERRAINS's assessment.
    Yohan can you expand on your statement when you said that
    "... they were a bit secretive about the amount" ?

Great hair transplant doctors/clinics especially those that are recognized by the IAHRS are not usually 'secretive' about any of the procedures being done or the end results with their patients.
    It seems as if you have had 3000+ grafts based on those photos bro.

Had to ask a few times and the manner in which they reacted to the question. But what is actually agreed is a margin between two amounts of grafts dependable on your donor area. Maybe they are just worried people are going to be complaining for not getting the highest amount within that margin.

They worked from 10-11 (can't remember when we exactly started) to 16:30 with a break in between and that was another thing; afterwards I read people saying it's actually not possible to move that many grafts within such a time period (even with multiple people working on you at the same time), others contested this position though.

Anyway generally it was a great team, very friendly and considerate, they positively surprised me. For a few (possibly ungrounded) reasons I was just a little worried about not getting the minimum amount of grafts that was agreed, but if you say it looks ok then that's good enough for me,
    thanks guys.

Yohan,

The graft count and the breakdown should have been charted in your medical file.

You can simply request the total and the breakdown. If they ask why, simply tell them you are documenting your entire HT journey.

You should have a great transformation!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin