+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks for the advice guys; I really appreciate it!

Also just realized I've been spelling Propecia wrong.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Jeffrey Epstein, MD's Avatar

In a typical week, I encourage 4 to 5 young men younger than their mid-20s to not have procedures, instead to be conservative, going on Propecia and perhaps laser therapy if they wish to try that-this given how young these patients are and the commonly held expectation for a full head of hair. The only procedure in general I will consider performing on any male younger than 26 or so years old is the FUE technique. And with these procedures, I will only restore a conservative frontal hairline.
    Be patient, cut your hair short, and try Propecia.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
    Miami and NYC
    Jeffrey S. Epstein, MD
    Foundation For Hair Restoration

Hey man im 19 and have the same problem and the exact same hairline and I cover mine up amazingly. Im an actor so I have to have it covered and I came up with the perfect hairstyle. If you have an email I can show you and tell you how to do it im sure youll like this its the best option for hairlines like ours. I want a hairtransplant to but all the places all tell me im to youn and wont touch me. Message me back and ill teach you the hairstyle man.

As I said, 19 years old is simply too young for a transplant.
    If you want to post some photos up online or send them to me, feel free to do so.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey Epstein, MD
    Miami, NYC
    Jeffrey S. Epstein, MD

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Epstein, MD View Post
    As I said, 19 years old is simply too young for a transplant.
    If you want to post some photos up online or send them to me, feel free to do so.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey Epstein, MD
    Miami, NYC
    I give you a lot of credit Dr. Epstein. I think many docs would give the same advice, but it is nice to see a professional like yourself putting the patient first.

Too many times we see the opposite where someone looks at it for a chance to make money. Great ethics, thats all I can say. It feels good to hear and see a doc say it outright, you earned my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Hey man im 19 and have the same problem and the exact same hairline and I cover mine up amazingly. Im an actor so I have to have it covered and I came up with the perfect hairstyle. If you have an email I can show you and tell you how to do it im sure youll like this its the best option for hairlines like ours. I want a hairtransplant to but all the places all tell me im to youn and wont touch me. Message me back and ill teach you the hairstyle man.
    Gimmie that hairstyle!
    ssjknux@yahoo.com

I'm sure there are many 25 year old and youngers who would be greatly helped by your technique.
    Would you like to reveal it on this forum, or at least email me directly- jsemd@foundhair.com.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
    Miami and NYC
    Jeffrey S. Epstein, MD

comb over at the age of 22 ftl!

LOL

but seriously, i just have a lot of hair around my head that it just covers my frontal balding well.. for now at least. When i pull my hair back i scare myself.

One question I have is, what are the best shampoos for your scalp? I mean, maybe not high-end, intensive stuff, but in general, are there some popular shampoos to avoid, and others that are maybe better?

Default im 19 years old

im have almost the exact same type of hairline as you with the two temples and i was shocked a little cause from your picture we look alike

does propecia grow hair in places where air never existed before? feels like a dumb question but better than not knowing

and guy with the hairstyle that works, let me know, ive been able to skip around with my hair and pull off styles like having my hair up in the front and even working a faux hawk pretty well, my hair tends to curl as it gets longer so long hair isnt too much of an option with my hairline