+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

The work looks outstanding!

Nice photos. Looks like your surgeon did an excellent job!

Cool thanks, meant to ask u guys....how long before I can sleep on my side again? Sleeping upright is a mission for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jairus View Post
    Cool thanks, meant to ask u guys....how long before I can sleep on my side again? Sleeping upright is a mission for me.
    About a week minimum. I did it for longer (10 days I think) but I took extra caution with everything.

When you do go back to sleeping on your side, I'd still use the neck rest if it isn't too uncomfortable. That little bit of leverage will provide safety for the grafts.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    About a week minimum. I did it for longer (10 days I think) but I took extra caution with everything.

When you do go back to sleeping on your side, I'd still use the neck rest if it isn't too uncomfortable. That little bit of leverage will provide safety for the grafts.
    Thanks - one more thing. It says I can start dabbing the recipient area 5 days post op with shampoo. Did you do this Chris? Are the grafts absolutely secure at this stage? Dr Feriduni dabbed the area 1 day post op but he knows what he is doing.

Thanks - one more thing. It says I can start dabbing the recipient area 5 days post op with shampoo. Did you do this Chris? Are the grafts absolutely secure at this stage? Dr Feriduni dabbed the area 1 day post op but he knows what he is doing.
    Use a spray bottle (I emptied the bottle of finisitil I was given) and gently spritz the area. Then put a little baby shampoo in cotton pads (not balls as they'll come apart), and very gently dab the recipient area. You can spray some more until it's clear, but do be careful and make sure the water is tepid.

You'll find as the days pass you can start to rub gently, and before long you'll be washing your hair as normal. Don't be alarmed when the hairs start to fall out - totally normal.

Dr Bernstein did a study that indicated grafts are safe by day 9. That's not to say at day 9 you can be aggressive with them, but it's reassuring to know that the grafts are firmly in place.

Hi jairus,

How are you on day 4? Scabs? Swelling? When do you think you'll be putting on the next photos?

Hows it going kipper

Im not too bad today. Got a decent nights kip so feel good. Fair bit of itching taking place both in donor and recipient but Im resisting the urge to scratch

No real sign of scabbing yet. I have some mild swelling just above my eyebrows on the left side of my forehead, but apart from that not much. I have been taking the anti-swelling tablets tho and hav been applying the ice pack for an hour a day since I got back so Im sure that is helping.

I will be posting 1 week post op pics on Thursday.

Chris/Drybone

Is it defo safe to start dabbing the recipient after 5 days? Chris you mentioned the grafts being safe after 9 days?

Chris/Drybone

Is it defo safe to start dabbing the recipient after 5 days? Chris you mentioned the grafts being safe after 9 days?
    Yeah you can dab gently at day 5. I held off til about day 7 however. Day 9 is when the grafts can't be physically pulled from the scalp. Did you see the video?