+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dont know what to do.19 Years old(amost 20), my options

Since 18 years old, I started thinning at the temples only. I have very thick hair so i never though this would happen to me, and once it did ...i was devastated.I am a very confident person but this did hurt me lol, i am really good with girls but i dont know how it will be if i lose my hair. My father is bald, his brother, and one of my cousins. Only one person from my mothers side. I believe i'm on my way to a norwood 2. My temples are really thin right now, I could feel the temples going thinner and thinner and farther also, the hair is also growing slow in those areas. My forhead is getting bigger and bigger lol.I could post pics for you guys. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Any advice for me?

Have you ruled out diffuse thinning? You should shave your hair very short to a grade 2 and then see if you have any diffuse thinning in the crown and towards the front, long hair can conceal diffuse thinning for years until its too late.

Options: RU58841 + Minox + Saw Palmetto (please see user Hellouser for actual results) -

P.S. Stay away from Finasteride.

Stay away from FIN if you like the idea of being a NW7 like UK. If you don't, get on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tiddlez View Post
    Stay away from FIN if you like the idea of being a NW7 like UK. If you don't, get on right now.
    There's a common thread amongst people who eventually end up taking either of the drugs finasteride/dutasteride.

That is, they become avid supporters of the drug, mindlessly engaging in the act of crushing the antithesis of their chosen path. You decided to take dutasteride, good for you, I've seen members like you come and go on this forum, you join, ask a bunch of questions, dont listen to anyone then end up with a username on propeciahelp.com begging for info on how to reverse the sides.

Seen it all before, just remember one thing while you're enjoing a side-effect free experience on dutasteride, there's a reason they call it POST-finasteride syndrome, and that's because the syndrome only takes hold once you stop using the drug. So think about that for a moment, because all the advice you've received off people here telling you to take the drug, is from people who are still taking the drug.

P.S. I'm not a NW7, and I'd rather be a NW7 than a NW1 with post-finasteride syndrome, or... does... something tell me... you havent actually read up on the stories of people suffering from PFS? LOL.

I'm about your age too, I turned 20 3 months ago, I started fin 2 months ago, it stopped what little hairloss I had (which was closing in on a NW2 at one temple, no loss at the other), and has also started regrowing it slightly, although the hairs that are coming through at the moment in the area of initial loss are pretty insubstantial, hoping they turn into normal hairs over time.

No sides whatsoever, slight ball ache when I first take it which has since subsided, libido is up if anything, still gaining strength in the gym and not finding it harder to lose fat when I cut like some people report.

Don't let people scare you out of taking fin, I'm not going to get into any debates of whether or not you should, I'm just saying. I would've been devastated if I lost more hair just because I was afraid to take finasteride.

I didn't even consider the side effects before I started it, I never read forums such as these and I wish I never did, I never knew there was such an anti-finasteride culture until I looked on these boards, it's better to get on with your treatment and stay away from people telling you your penis is going to fall off.

Hi Klemkray

Pictures would be beneficial if you feel like posting some. You are young to be worrying about hairloss, perhaps a shorter style and hitting the gym may make you feel better.

All the best.

ejj

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    There's a common thread amongst people who eventually end up taking either of the drugs finasteride/dutasteride.

That is, they become avid supporters of the drug, mindlessly engaging in the act of crushing the antithesis of their chosen path. You decided to take dutasteride, good for you, I've seen members like you come and go on this forum, you join, ask a bunch of questions, dont listen to anyone then end up with a username on propeciahelp.com begging for info on how to reverse the sides.

Seen it all before, just remember one thing while you're enjoing a side-effect free experience on dutasteride, there's a reason they call it POST-finasteride syndrome, and that's because the syndrome only takes hold once you stop using the drug. So think about that for a moment, because all the advice you've received off people here telling you to take the drug, is from people who are still taking the drug.

P.S. I'm not a NW7, and I'd rather be a NW7 than a NW1 with post-finasteride syndrome, or... does... something tell me... you havent actually read up on the stories of people suffering from PFS? LOL.
    I wouldn't even care if I got sides. I'd still continue taking the drug. There is nothing more important than hair in regards to image and image is almost everything in life whether you like it or not. Stop fear mongering and telling people to stay away from DHT inhibitors.

Get on Finasteride once a day and Rogaine twice a day ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post

So never stop using it then.

UK, he didn't take any advice from any one. If you read his thread every one told him to wait till he's 18. He was already well informed way beyond his years and was rejecting the horde of fin/dut fear mongers.

He knew exactly what he wanted to do already. S that line you said about people on this site telling him what to do is false.

Quote Originally Posted by tiddlez View Post
    I wouldn't even care if I got sides. I'd still continue taking the drug. There is nothing more important than hair in regards to image and image is almost everything in life whether you like it or not. Stop fear mongering and telling people to stay away from DHT inhibitors.
    Then why not castrate yourself?