+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default GHO/Donor Regeneration

Hey guys,

I am 22 in my last year of college. All the stress from school and getting good grades has contributed to the dessimation or my hairline... I am a Norwood 2.5 at this point.

I am gonna apply to graduate school and I would love to not have to wear a hat everyday so I am thinking about getting a GHO transplant to strengthen my hairline to a 2 or 1.5... But I am especially waiting for a histogen/ hair congress announcement to make sure back up is on the way...

Is this a good idea? Can dr gho make a natural hairline?

Thanks I appreciate everyone's help

Stress can cause hairloss, but those lost hairs FROM stress are likely to grow back. Stress, afaik, does not cause or progress AGA.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Stress can cause hairloss, but those lost hairs FROM stress are likely to grow back. Stress, afaik, does not cause or progress AGA.
    I strongly disagree. Yes, hairs lost due to stress tend to grow back. However, in my experience, in my case I have observed that if you are predisposed to AGA, then stess can accelerate the AGA then would otherwise occur absent of stress. And by accelerating I mean the hairs that I have lost is due to AGA and therefore not growing back, but the stress and anxiety accelerated the process

I am very confident about this hypothesis

wow im in exactly the same position as you!!! And currently looking into the option of doing hst too. I am sort of convinced to do it but im not 100% sure if its the right thing to do.

Now, these are the pros and cons of doing an hst for someone in my position.

Pros

I havent seen any hst that caused scarring + almost certain donor regen.
    I dont need a huge procedure for now to be satisfied with the result as i am still nw2-2.5
    I am not facing a nw6-7 in mid twenties scenario as my hairloss is almost identical to what my dad experienced (agressive loss when 18-19, then steady decline to nw4-5 by 40 years old)
    If works as intended i dont mind doing future procedures
    The most important, it will give me peace of mind about my hair for at least a few years, then there is possibility of future treatments.

Cons

Il have to shave my head and i dont know how it will look.
    With travel expenses it will cost me like 12k$ and as a student its a big hit on my budget.
    If nothing new comes out against hairloss and my hairloss progresses i will have to spend a lot of money on more transplants.

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    I strongly disagree. Yes, hairs lost due to stress tend to grow back. However, in my experience, in my case I have observed that if you are predisposed to AGA, then stess can accelerate the AGA then would otherwise occur absent of stress. And by accelerating I mean the hairs that I have lost is due to AGA and therefore not growing back, but the stress and anxiety accelerated the process

I am very confident about this hypothesis
    Stayhopeful is right. It's common knowledge that high levels of stress will speed up the MPB process.

If I were you, I would wait until you finish your studies before you go down the road of hair transplantation. You never know what can happen and you do not want to be sidetracked by possible disappointing results or by dealing with the waiting game.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Stayhopeful is right. It's common knowledge that high levels of stress will speed up the MPB process.

If I were you, I would wait until you finish your studies before you go down the road of hair transplantation. You never know what can happen and you do not want to be sidetracked by possible disappointing results or by dealing with the waiting game.
    Hey cola, i'm sorry you are suffering like me, but I have to say it feels good to be in contact with someone in the same position as me (are you really the same, school, stress, grad school hopeful)?

Anyway, yeah stress for sure accelerates the shit out of it... I have friends who have AGA i'm almost positive, but they have literally zero stress and they are maturing very, very slowly...

it is a blessing in disguise I like to tell myself because this acceleration has made me realize that I am bound to be a baldy eventually and has really made me focus even harder on school knowing this, probably because I know life will be harder for me because of my lack of hair...

12Gs PLUS TRAVEL is what I figure to for some hairline stabilization... then, in the absence of histogen or propecia or something we will likely have to go back every 12-24 months to fill in the new thinning spots... this is a HUGE commitment of time and money.

I agree with you Delphi.. no way I am gonna go through this until I 1) finish undergrad... 2) get into grad... and 3) hopefully have some very comforting news from histogen/aderans/replicel/tokyo... or something...

if all these three criteria are fulfilled, then I really believe I will go through with it... I mean cmon, I Want to go to grad school with confidence and a strengthened hair line.. doesnt have to be NW1, but I want it to be strengthened so I can make friends and a good impression on professors

my main question for fellow brothers on the forum is... 1) does this seem like a smart strategy? and critically, 2) can gho produce totally natural hairline results or will it look goofy?

thanks

I think it's a great strategy as long as you are financially able. The way I see it is you can keep filling in with Gho if you have to (barring your lose continues and no new treatments come out, which is not likely) and at some point on the nw scale you will either stop lets say nw4 and then you will have a good head of hair because of Gho.... or worst case scenario you get to nw6 and you still have a full head of hair with HST, but obviously a lot of money spent on transplants....and for people who don't believe in the regeneration, even though it's been proven over and over, you cannot deny it is scarless to the human eye so you can shave it off whenever....the only thing you have to lose is money...but I don't think you can put a price tag on well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I think it's a great strategy as long as you are financially able. The way I see it is you can keep filling in with Gho if you have to (barring your lose continues and no new treatments come out, which is not likely) and at some point on the nw scale you will either stop lets say nw4 and then you will have a good head of hair because of Gho.... or worst case scenario you get to nw6 and you still have a full head of hair with HST, but obviously a lot of money spent on transplants....and for people who don't believe in the regeneration, even though it's been proven over and over, you cannot deny it is scarless to the human eye so you can shave it off whenever....the only thing you have to lose is money...but I don't think you can put a price tag on well-being.
    Yeah thanks man, It's a horrible cylce... the hair loss stresses me out even more, and studying stresses me out, and they compound to make an awful situation.. but if I had some HL stabilization then the stress from my hair line would be eliminated and I can just focus on studying hard..

yeah it's a lott of money, I will have to map out a plan... if it's 12g's every two years... I think it's doable if I Get into a good school.. just slap on 6gs a year on top of my loans... I Dk ... this is insane.. .I just pray Hair Congress has some bonerific news for us

Im in undergrad school right now and im almost 22 years old.

I totally agree with feartheloss that there is no price tag for well being.
    Most people cant really tell that im balding yet, and even then my hair still looks good.

However, its the psychological pressure from it that destroys me. The constant reminder that your going to lose hair, the shedding the mirror obsession. Just writing this message i retouched my hair with my hands like 5 times, because i always want to place it optimally so it looks that its normal.

I started to lose hair in 2009(probably earlier, but didnt notice it then), the first six months of realization was prolly the worst period in my life. I was struggling enormously at that time. It changed my personnality, my sport performance got bad, i lost some confidence with girls etc.

Then around mid 2010 i sort of stabilized psychologically. I realized that my hairloss was the same as my dad and i wont be nw6 in 2 years. It still troubled me a lot but not as much when i first realized that i was balding.

Early 2011 i started minoxidil. It worked wonders at first, ive prolly had thicker hair on it than when i was 16-17. With hair i became myself once again. It was a very happy era in my life. Then early 2012 i started fin, because of hair greed. 4 months later i discarded fin because of sides. Mid 2012, my body started to get used to minox i guess and i started to lose my minoxidil gains.

Ive also always had sides on minox, i felt my blood pressure drop everytime i used it and had difficulty to fall asleep. Ive read a lot of articles saying that minoxidil can damage the heart bla bla bla... That and many other factors like school, home problems and hairlosss led me to big time anxiety and panic that ive experienced in the last 4 months. I had to drop minoxidil due to that. It have been 4 months since i quit minoxidil. Right now im shedding a lot but the overall hair condition is not as bad as i thaught it would be.

All that leads me to conclude that if i can secure some hair stability for the near future i will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    Im in undergrad school right now and im almost 22 years old.

I totally agree with feartheloss that there is no price tag for well being.
    Most people cant really tell that im balding yet, and even then my hair still looks good.

However, its the psychological pressure from it that destroys me. The constant reminder that your going to lose hair, the shedding the mirror obsession. Just writing this message i retouched my hair with my hands like 5 times, because i always want to place it optimally so it looks that its normal.

I started to lose hair in 2009(probably earlier, but didnt notice it then), the first six months of realization was prolly the worst period in my life. I was struggling enormously at that time. It changed my personnality, my sport performance got bad, i lost some confidence with girls etc.

Then around mid 2010 i sort of stabilized psychologically. I realized that my hairloss was the same as my dad and i wont be nw6 in 2 years. It still troubled me a lot but not as much when i first realized that i was balding.

Early 2011 i started minoxidil. It worked wonders at first, ive prolly had thicker hair on it than when i was 16-17. With hair i became myself once again. It was a very happy era in my life. Then early 2012 i started fin, because of hair greed. 4 months later i discarded fin because of sides. Mid 2012, my body started to get used to minox i guess and i started to lose my minoxidil gains.

Ive also always had sides on minox, i felt my blood pressure drop everytime i used it and had difficulty to fall asleep. Ive read a lot of articles saying that minoxidil can damage the heart bla bla bla... That and many other factors like school, home problems and hairlosss led me to big time anxiety and panic that ive experienced in the last 4 months. I had to drop minoxidil due to that. It have been 4 months since i quit minoxidil. Right now im shedding a lot but the overall hair condition is not as bad as i thaught it would be.

All that leads me to conclude that if i can secure some hair stability for the near future i will do it.
    Woah cola we are in an extremely similar situation. I dumped fin and minox sucks...

But I too am in a state were I can kind of camo because of growing out hair but I have to position it perfectly and I'm always paranoid... I actually just started using caboki which I definitely recommend...

But just the progression and the lack of control is driving me nuts... Basically it's getting worse and worse and this process is eating my soul and ruining every single aspect of my life whether it be girls, friends, school, everything is negatively affected

Really scary to think about how dire the consequences are actually... Lets just stay hopeful for some game changing news at the hair congress!!