+ Reply to Thread

Default Mitchell My HT Story

I'm 26 and have been noticeably losing my hair for about two years. Over the two years I've battled with the thought of losing my hair and what I could do about it. It was from forums such as this that I gained a lot of valuable information and where I also heard about Spex.

After reading about Spex and his story I arranged to met with him to discuss my hair loss and the options available to me. Straight after met him I felt a sense of relief, finally the answer I was after. I began taking Propecia (finasteride), starting off on a low dose and gradually building up over a few months (which i would recommend to anyone thinking of taking it) and I booked an appointment with Dr Feller. I've now been taking a full dose of finasteride for around 4 months and I'm for weeks out from my Hair transplant (please see photos). I can honestly say although I still have a lot time to wait to see the full benefits I'm glad I went through with it and I would recommend Spex and Dr Feller to anyone. They're both great guys with a lot of experience and expertise.

The procedure went really well, every member of Dr Feller's team was extremely friendly and I couldn't of ask for a better experience, Dr Feller really put my mind at ease as I was pretty nervous at first not knowing what to expect. I felt no real pain throughout the hole procedure and only a dull ache for a few days after at the back of the head, which didn't bother me at all.

The only difficult I had was trying to sleep for the first three nights, which I know is pretty common, it just felt alien to sleep upright and subsequently only managed a few hours of sleep each night. Which was enough to get me through the following day and never really affected too much, even with all the site seeing around New York city. The best night's sleep I had was on the flight back oddly enough as i never sleep during a flight.

The swelling was fairly small and only took a couple of days to fully come out but was gone within another 7 days after it travelled down my face, nothing a pair of sunglasses and a hat couldn't hide. I followed the post op instructions to the letter and had the staples removed after two weeks. The local nurse was really impressed with how clean, tidy and well healed the scare was especially after only two weeks, everyone I know who's seen it have said the same. I had the rest of my hair buzzed off the same day, so just waiting for it to grow, which I know will take some time but will be well worth it. I will keep posting pics on a monthly basis to keep anyone who is interested informed. if anyone has any questions they would like to ask me, please feel free!! i'll also post a few more pics of what it looked like in the days and weeks after.

Thanks again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).jpg

Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	20859   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg

Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	20860   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg

Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	20861  

Congratulations Mitchell.

Picked a top surgeon and keep us posted with your progress.

thanks mate, Spex helped me a lot i cant thank him enough. I just hit the 5 week mark today. I plan on taking pics on a monthly basis hopefully.

Thanks for sharing your story. I look forward to seeing your progress!