+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Inactive

Default Will hair lost from things other than MPB grow back?

I have been monitoring my shedding and it seems the worst when I am severely restricting calories and on ephedrine (I'm trying to hit 10% bf). When I'm not doing these things, my shedding is almost non-existent (which it should be, given my DHT levels). My question is: if I diet/use ephedrine to hit my goal weight and lose hair on the way, will it grow back since it wasn't DHT that made it fall out?

This is really concerning me, brahs. I want to be shredded for summer but not if I permanently lose hair. For reference, I converted my DHT levels to ng/dl the other day. They're around 2.5 ng/dl so I think that it is impossible for me to lose hair from DHT at this point.

I'm also fairly certain that my ephedrine use also contributes to my acne. I seem to break out every time that I start back up. This leads me to believe that elevated cortisol is causing both acne and the shedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    I have been monitoring my shedding and it seems the worst when I am severely restricting calories and on ephedrine (I'm trying to hit 10% bf). When I'm not doing these things, my shedding is almost non-existent (which it should be, given my DHT levels). My question is: if I diet/use ephedrine to hit my goal weight and lose hair on the way, will it grow back since it wasn't DHT that made it fall out?

This is really concerning me, brahs. I want to be shredded for summer but not if I permanently lose hair. For reference, I converted my DHT levels to ng/dl the other day. They're around 2.5 ng/dl so I think that it is impossible for me to lose hair from DHT at this point.

I'm also fairly certain that my ephedrine use also contributes to my acne. I seem to break out every time that I start back up. This leads me to believe that elevated cortisol is causing both acne and the shedding.
    I presume ephedrine is a fat burner? If thats the case i would drop it. Abs are made in the kitchen.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    I presume ephedrine is a fat burner? If thats the case i would drop it. Abs are made in the kitchen.
    Ephedrine and caffeine, to be precise. They increase metabolism around 5%, provide energy, blunt appetite, and have some muscle-sparing properties. I mostly use them for their appetite suppression (they take me from ravenous to having zero desire for food). Abs come from being <10% bf, which I am trying to get to with their help.

Ephedrine and caffeine, to be precise. They increase metabolism around 5%, provide energy, blunt appetite, and have some muscle-sparing properties. I mostly use them for their appetite suppression (they take me from ravenous to having zero desire for food). Abs come from being <10% bf, which I am trying to get to with their help.
    Try giving intermittent fasting a go its more effective than any fat burner

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    Try giving intermittent fasting a go its more effective than any fat burner
    I am combining intermittent fasting with PSMF, hence my EC usage (PSMF is very difficult without it). I assure you; I know a great deal about fitness and lifting. I appreciate your responses but I am not asking for opinions on dieting or supplement use. I am asking about hair loss.

EDIT: Perhaps this loss could be combated through stress-mitigation techniques? I.E. I could lower cortisol through meditation, relaxation, calm thoughts, etc. I mean; I don't think that the drug itself causes loss, rather loss is a result of the physiological results. Thoughts?

I heard many times that calorie intake does not matter as long as you burn more than you eat. I don't know if that's true or not, but from my experience, that is true at least in my case. I box though. In a study of which sports are the most physically demanding, Boxing was #1, it beat out 60 other sports. It was a panel of experts from the United States Olympic committee, scientists who study the science of muscle and movement, and sports journalists. They came to a conclusion that boxing was the most physically demanding sports. So you already know, you burn a lot of calories even if you just train boxing, you don't even have participate competitively. You could just emulate their training.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

With that said, I eat anything I want. Boxes of pizza in the weekend, McDonald's 2-3 times a week, Chinese food, fried food, ice cream. I eat whatever I want and don't get fat, I also burn a hell of a lot of calories though with boxing training. My health is fine, no high cholesterol, body fat % is good, no heart problems, nothing like that. When I was young, people would see how I eat and they told me I would get fat in my mid 20s, i'm now in my mid 20s and still lean.

As long I stay away from beer, my stomach is fine. Beer seems to give me a little beer belly when I start drinking too much and too consistent.

why are you on pills already? I thought you were going for 'cocoon-mode'-bodybuilding?
    Eat well but healthy and lift weights. That's the only effective way to burn fat. Pills are for lazy housewives. If you lift too much and eat too little you're just gonna destroy muscle and gain belly fat.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I lost hair on Accutane and it never grew back. It's hard to say imo. In women it almost always returns, whereas in men it doesn't. Something tells me that hair loss from medication and other external factors are dependent on more than just DHT alone.
    Thank you for being the first person to actually attempt to answer my question. Holy shit, strong reading comprehension with the rest of you. Not only are you guys ignoring the question that I'm asking; you are insulting me by pretending that I do not know anything about nutrition or bodybuilding (I have spent more time reading bodybuilding-related literature than I would ever care to admit publicly).

Anyway, yeah, that is exactly what I fear and why I am starting to think I might quit using it. I've been searching a lot of forums and some seem to think that since ephedrine is very similar to amphetamines, it can cause hair loss as they do.

Thank you for being the first person to actually attempt to answer my question. Holy shit, strong reading comprehension with the rest of you. Not only are you guys ignoring the question that I'm asking; you are insulting me by pretending that I do not know anything about nutrition or bodybuilding (I have spent more time reading bodybuilding-related literature than I would ever care to admit publicly).

Anyway, yeah, that is exactly what I fear and why I am starting to think I might quit using it. I've been searching a lot of forums and some seem to think that since ephedrine is very similar to amphetamines, it can cause hair loss as they do.
    Oh mate, really sorry brah if you're insulted, you heard it guys, Aames is not to be spoken to about nutrition as any input we may have would be considered offensive due to his extensive knowledge.

I lost hair due to steroid induced telogen effluvium which is slowly starting to grow back.