+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    Oh mate, really sorry brah if you're insulted, you heard it guys, Aames is not to be spoken to about nutrition as any input we may have would be considered offensive due to his extensive knowledge.
    Lmao, I realize that may have come off as douchey. But come on, I didn't ask for nutritional info. I appreciate your input nevertheless, especially since I am scrapping my original plan. Have you had good success with IF? I have struggled with bulimia and binge-eating in the past and, consequently, have a very hard time staying full while under maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyy View Post
    I lost hair due to steroid induced telogen effluvium which is slowly starting to grow back.
    Interesting. Wouldn't steroids just cause MPB to accelerate? Or did you not use test?

In the event that someone googles this thread or something, I want to add the following: I am almost positive that ephedrine does cause hair-loss. I was having really crappy pull tests while on it and now, 2 days off of it, I can pull on my hair all I want. This phenomenon has occurred several times now. I imagine it has something to do with the physiological stress that it puts the body under but, obviously, I can't be certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Interesting. Wouldn't steroids just cause MPB to accelerate? Or did you not use test?
    Yeah I used test, I did get a bit of recession at one temple but nothing major, hairloss didn't even start properly until PCT (3 months after I started) and was diffuse which is pretty much the definition of TE.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Ephedrine and caffeine, to be precise. They increase metabolism around 5%, provide energy, blunt appetite, and have some muscle-sparing properties. I mostly use them for their appetite suppression (they take me from ravenous to having zero desire for food). Abs come from being <10% bf, which I am trying to get to with their help.
    Great post Aames.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    Try giving intermittent fasting a go its more effective than any fat burner
    Ive read this too Kayman.

Can you tell me what is reasonable. Like eat two days fast one? Is there a set pattern? I would like to give it a try.

Right now I have an 'apple monday' where I just eat apples and drink water all day. Rest of the days are 1800 calories and I am active. I would love to get to 10% body fat.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Ive read this too Kayman.

Can you tell me what is reasonable. Like eat two days fast one? Is there a set pattern? I would like to give it a try.

Right now I have an 'apple monday' where I just eat apples and drink water all day. Rest of the days are 1800 calories and I am active. I would love to get to 10% body fat.

Intermittent fasting is an eating schedule, for example every day you give yourself a window for eating and a window for fasting, most commonly its an 8 hour eating window followed by a 16 hour period of not eating anything (this includes sleep time). Some people prefer a 6 hour eating window and an 18 hour fasting period, it's whatever suits your lifestyle best really.
    With some people the fat melts off with intermittent fasting, I've heard of people using intermittent fasting while bulking in order to control fat gains but personally I still think bulking is a case of calories in versus calories out.