+ Reply to Thread

Default Hairline recession? or Just genetical hairline? with pictures

So I'm 16, and well, my whole life I've had a very high forehead and hairline, but recently i noticed recession at the temples, is there anything I could do? the recession is roughly 1cm from the front, and 2cm at the temples side, even tough my hairline is in a way similiar to Norwood one, its not a straight line (and i cant remember if it ever was), last year it wasnt for sure,
    http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Gr...2521.jpeg.html
    http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Gr...094f.jpeg.html
    http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/Gr...40db.jpeg.html
    May I mention that my parents are Eastern European, I am the spitting image of my Grandfather, and at 30 or something like that, he defiantly had most of his hair according to his pictures, and my mother told me that everyone from her side had very high hairlines but always had hair, I'm not sure bout my father, he is balding and he's in his mid 40s, at his 20s-30s he still had alot of hair and I know nothing of my father's parents, its a personal thing I guess.

I also currently use this shampoo http://images.drorganic.co.uk/produc...sp?Auto_ID=186 and have been for the past 2 months now, and also, I started applying extra virgin olive oil on my hairline area every now and then, to inhibit DHT , since I'm 16, and hormones are still pretty messed I guess (probably another cause for this loss, acne is evident if anything)
    So please share your thoughts on this story. I tried telling my mother, and she shrugged it off, but at least got me the sls free shampoo. And We live with my step-dad so cant really talk to my actual dad bout this

Hard to tell; it looks like you have a slight bit of recession but because hairloss is a polygenic trait (meaning it's governed by multiple genes, likely around 6) and DNA is recombinant (meaning you can have two parents who are genetically excellent in an area and have an offspring who is a dud in that same area) it's difficult to predict.
    If you want to take a mild approach you can wash your hair with Nizoral 2% (3 times per week and leave it on for 3 minutes). But be patient for results, it could take a couple of months. If you want to take a stronger approach you can ask your doc for a presciption for finasteride (personally, I chop a 5 mg pill into 4 parts which a sharp knife), but it can mess with your hormones in rare cases.
    In any case, if you do have a hairloss problem, it's temporary. I keep saying we're living in a golden age of hairloss because treatments are coming up in the next few years (i.e. Histogen, Dr. Gho's HST and HSI) and lots of other people are doing research.
    Pay attention to your studies in the coming years so you can get a good job and learn how to manage your money because the more money you have, the more options you'll have to treat hairloss if you it happens.

Nizoral 2% 3 times per week is probably a total overkill for your hair (it dries your scalp). Tracy C will say anything over once per week is too much but I think it depends. My hair used to be so greasy before I took finasteride that I think I could take 2 times per week easily. You should notice when you use Nizoral too much, scalp will get itchy. Moisturizing conditioner can be used to compensate for the drying effect.

That degree of recession is really common in your age. Chances are that you'll keep the rest of your hair for a long time though nobody knows. However chances also are that DHT is damaging your hair right now (might be veeery slowly) merely because the overwhelming majority of caucasian males have some propensity for MPB, even beyond the minimal recession you have. MPB is not a "disease" that just some unlucky minority have, it's a secondary sex characteristic like beard growth etc. So if you want to be pre-emptive you might want to try Nizoral, particularly if you have dandruff and greasy hair, in which case Nizoral is good for your hair even ignoring the MPB factor. Finasteride is out of the question in your age (can screw with your puberty) and also considering the slightness of the loss. Finasteride definately isn't as safe as Merck makes it out to be. Minoxidil is a pain in the ass and isn't even very effective so you had to be pretty desperate to use it at this point.

Olive oil to inhibit DHT? This is a joke, right? Natural home remedies do nothing, you're wasting your time. Stock up on a good Keto shampoo for now then wait until your 18 to get on FIN or DUT.

Quote Originally Posted by LT56 View Post
    Hard to tell; it looks like you have a slight bit of recession but because hairloss is a polygenic trait (meaning it's governed by multiple genes, likely around 6) and DNA is recombinant (meaning you can have two parents who are genetically excellent in an area and have an offspring who is a dud in that same area) it's difficult to predict.
    If you want to take a mild approach you can wash your hair with Nizoral 2% (3 times per week and leave it on for 3 minutes). But be patient for results, it could take a couple of months. If you want to take a stronger approach you can ask your doc for a presciption for finasteride (personally, I chop a 5 mg pill into 4 parts which a sharp knife), but it can mess with your hormones in rare cases.
    In any case, if you do have a hairloss problem, it's temporary. I keep saying we're living in a golden age of hairloss because treatments are coming up in the next few years (i.e. Histogen, Dr. Gho's HST and HSI) and lots of other people are doing research.
    Pay attention to your studies in the coming years so you can get a good job and learn how to manage your money because the more money you have, the more options you'll have to treat hairloss if you it happens.
    I chuckled at this because I just pictured you karate chopping a 5mg pill.

Quote Originally Posted by tiddlez View Post
    Olive oil to inhibit DHT? This is a joke, right? Natural home remedies do nothing, you're wasting your time. Stock up on a good Keto shampoo for now then wait until your 18 to get on FIN or DUT.
    You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters.

Well thanks for the responses, its reassuring , also, thanks for the notice bout the olive oil, either way, still helps with the hair texture, I dunno, but thanks anyways

Quote Originally Posted by tiddlez View Post
    This is good advice. Besides, I dont think hes lost any hair at all. Dont do anything until you are 18. See a dermatologist to prescribe a shampoo tailor made to your hairs needs.