+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

For those considering getting this procedure, I decided to continue my postings here to show what you can expect, what kinds of questions and fears are normal (if you call me normal), and show the progress in pictures. These pics are taken today, Aug 22...my procedure was July 22. As I don't have my before pics, you'll have to compare with day 5 pics, but its apparent that I have less hair now than I did before. As I mentioned earlier, this is apparently normal and I'm not really worried about it. I've found I'm not looking in the mirror as often either so I guess I really am starting to relax
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	onemonthdonor.jpg

Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	2247   Click image for larger version

Name:	onemonth.jpg

Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	2248   Click image for larger version

Name:	onemonthfront.jpg

Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	2249  

thats cool crown, that you are posting pictures and keeping it real.

The stage you are in can be tough, I mean you pay a decent sum of money and you look worse in the short term just to look better in the long term. I mean it is a gamble. Anything can go wrong, but if you have a good doctor you limit the risk in all stages, and in the end it will be worth it.

did you ever mention what doc you went to?

Sorry. My doc is Dr. Ken Buchwach in the Kansas City metro area. He came highly recommended by another plastic surgeon and he's a top notch guy. I'm not looking any different yet but I thought I would add my other commitment. I also decided to go on a low carb diet (of sorts...I still drink my beer ) and have lost appr. 25 lbs since just before my procedure!

It all sounds super cool, man. I'm happy for you.

Now go grow some hair. It will take time, but it will happen.

The grafts are all in by now and sound. You can do anything you want at this point. Congrats!

Okay, update time.

It is now Sept 22, two months post op. I've included a picture. You can see I have less hair than prior to the procedure, but I believe it to be normal shock loss. I think things are coming along nicely. I can feel (unless it's my imagination) new growth...or at least I think I do. It feels like real fine and soft bristles. I can't see anything though so maybe its just wishful thinking? Anyhow, the suture scar is healing nicely and I have almost no numbness left. Let's see how month three goes!

Name:	hair 080.jpg

Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	2485  

Okay, its three months post. I don't know how much is visible without looking [I]really[I] close, but I can certainly feel the difference. My girlfriend and hairstylist both say you can see it, it's just very gradual so I suppose most wouldn't notice...which is a good thing. No pain at all, only very slight if any sensitivity when I push on donor area. Overall, things are going well!

Name:	hair 084.jpg

Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	2810  

It’s difficult to tell at only three months but you should start to see some noticeable growth in the next couple of months. It’s cool that your girlfriend and barber can already see a change. That’s a good sign and your scalp looks very good with no signs of having surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    It’s difficult to tell at only three months but you should start to see some noticeable growth in the next couple of months. It’s cool that your girlfriend and barber can already see a change. That’s a good sign and your scalp looks very good with no signs of having surgery.

Take it to the bank if you are having regrowth at three months post-op, and especially in the crown! For many HT patients, regrowth in the crown goes slower.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin