+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Yea, I'm probably messed up. I don't see it in the pictures either reallyas much either. Just when I look in the mirror, maybe it's just shadow or something, or maybe my imagination is running wild. Hell, maybe its just my normal head?! I'll be glad when my paranoia dies down! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by crown exposed View Post
    Yea, I'm probably messed up. I don't see it in the pictures either really. Just when I look in the mirror, maybe it's just shadow or something, or maybe my imagination is running wild. I'll be glad when my paranoia dies down! LOL
    I think what some people say is that the hair falls out and leave a hole that you will see. Maybe that is what you are seeing....????

You know what...I think that would explain what I'm seeing. I described it as dimpled, but perhaps that was misleading. So, is that not uncommon?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hair.jpg

Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	2144  
    Last edited by crown exposed; 08-07-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: added pic with indication of what I'm seeing

You know what...I think that would explain what I'm seeing. I described it as dimpled, but perhaps that was misleading. So, is that not uncommon?
    not when the hair falls out of the follicle, which happens within the first month. Someone correct me if I'm off base here....

its most likely that, or it could be a missed incision by one of the techs that didn't get filled by a graft.

Thats all I can think of, I sure that happens sometimes.

It will heal on its own or a hair will start to grow, so I think you are in good shape either way.

Just checking in. It's now a little over three weeks. All's well. Most of the transplanted hair has fallen out but a few are still there. In addition it seems like I have a larger bald spot than before but as I understand this is normal too so I'm not really worried. I guess there's nothing to do but wait

I’m sure you’ll look like you have more hair in the end. Any comparison pictures?

You know...funny enough. I didn't take any pics before. My doc did so I could probably get them from him. But the first pics I took are the 5 day ones I posted.

I understand that initially losing not only the hair you had transplanted, but some surrounding hair is common, so I'm comfortable that its all going well.

You know...funny enough. I didn't take any pics before. My doc did so I could probably get them from him. But the first pics I took are the 5 day ones I posted.

I understand that initially losing not only the hair you had transplanted, but some surrounding hair is common, so I'm comfortable that its all going well.
    wow, it sounds like you really settled in since all the panic at the start, that is good to hear.

Thanks Mr. 4000, and thanks for being understanding. Yea, I was pretty panicky...about any and everything! But you know, I really think its gone well. I've been back to work this week and no one knew a thing. Ive read enough to know that it's natural to lose some hair (shedding) initially so I'm just going to try and be patient!

Thanks Mr. 4000, and thanks for being understanding. Yea, I was pretty panicky...about any and everything! But you know, I really think its gone well. I've been back to work this week and no one knew a thing. Ive read enough to know that it's natural to lose some hair (shedding) initially so I'm just going to try and be patient!
    I think its normal to react the way you did, there is nothing wrong with the being uncomfortable with a change that is long term good and short term bad.

YOu have only experienced the bad at this point and that will all change, so I think you are at a good point mentally. Accepting everything as it comes.

Good Job