+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by crown exposed View Post
    Okay...here's where I am day 5. No real discomfort at all, aside from a bit of numbness and tightness. Although still a bit uncomfortable when laying down to sleep. I've been able to wash my hair (kinda) with shampoo and basically I've just been looking at it a lot! LOL I wear a hat out but feel pretty good about it. yesterday some of the self-absorbing sutures came out. I called my doc and he said not to worry, it's all a part of the process. He's VERY understanding and nice. He said don't be afraid to get the hair wet, it's good for it so I've showered twice a day. The first three days I crisscrossed my fingers, but now I have the shower just turned down as low as it will go so that it trickles out. Trying to be patient!
    Mr. Crown

You are going to be fine, once you start washing your hair with the shower on those scabs will be gone. You have nothing to worry about, really....

Thanks! Even though I researched this FOR YEARS before doing it, it's still reassuring to hear from others! I'll keep everyone updated. That's one thing I liked while researching, the progress notes rather than just the before and after. Sometimes it's that in between time that's the most nervewracking!

Lookin' good Man! Once those scabs flake off, no one will be able to tell, I promise! I had a beard for years and when I shaved it off and left just a mustache several of my coworkers said, "Hey man, you grew a mustache! It looks great!" Go figure.....

I think showering twice a day is a good idea. Besides, it feels great! When I had my surgery I was told to apply wet 4x4 gauze on the recipient site and let them sit for awhile. It was 10 years ago, but I think I used distilled water then. When I went back to the doctor's office they were amazed how clean and healed up I was. I guess it was the hydration.

Unhappy panicky

Okay, it's day 9. Tomorrow I get the stitches out. Most of the scabs are gone. Now I'm convinced that my head looks "cobblestoned" in places. My girlfriend says I'm imagining it and am just seeing the hair stubble. It may be because I read about cobblestoning right before my procedure so I've been looking for it. My doc said it was pretty much a thing of the past since the new follicular unit micrografting is used....so maybe I'm obsessively worried. I'll post new pics after I get the stitches out. Has anyone else worried about such things?

Okay, it's day 9. Tomorrow I get the stitches out. Most of the scabs are gone. Now I'm convinced that my head looks "cobblestoned" in places. My girlfriend says I'm imagining it and am just seeing the hair stubble. It may be because I read about cobblestoning right before my procedure so I've been looking for it. My doc said it was pretty much a thing of the past since the new follicular unit micrografting is used....so maybe I'm obsessively worried. I'll post new pics after I get the stitches out. Has anyone else worried about such things?
    Are you kidding everyone is worried about their head looking like a golfball, but I think your girlfriend is right. Give it some time, the body will heal itself, I mean a doctor did just put over 1000 incisions in your head and sliced a piece of scalp off. Right?

Kick back enjoy the ride.....

hello
    im looking to get my HT done soon god willing i just want to know why r u so worried about what people think or say? was you really worried what they had to say about you thinning? on another note it looks like your work went very well.
    nelson the bald guy

Default day 11 update with pics

Mr. 4000, I want to especially thank you for being reassuring. My girlfriend laughed when I told her your response about the surgery and said, "exactly!" Sometimes, that's all a guy needs to hear.
    Anyhow, here is my update. Yesterday I had the stitches removed. They were beginning to itch so that was great. I can still feel a bit of scabbing but it seems to be more dry skin flakes than scabs. It looks pretty good. The issue I had was seeing the stubble coming in and the healing process, I have been paranoid about cobblestoning ever since I read about it. But I do think things are looking well. I even went without a hat yesterday! Here are pics of my hairline, crown, and donor scar. It's day 11.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hair 003.jpg

Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	2107   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair 004.jpg

Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	2108   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair 005.jpg

Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	2109  

Mr. 4000, I want to especially thank you for being reassuring. My girlfriend laughed when I told her your response about the surgery and said, "exactly!" Sometimes, that's all a guy needs to hear.
    Anyhow, here is my update. Yesterday I had the stitches removed. They were beginning to itch so that was great. I can still feel a bit of scabbing but it seems to be more dry skin flakes than scabs. It looks pretty good. The issue I had was seeing the stubble coming in and the healing process, I have been paranoid about cobblestoning ever since I read about it. But I do think things are looking well. I even went without a hat yesterday! Here are pics of my hairline, crown, and donor scar. It's day 11.
    I think it looks great, I think in 5-8 months you will grinning from ear to ear, no pun intended.

Great work.....

Question

just curious...I can't see it on the front, but on the crown, I think I can still see, I don't know how to describe it, but the little insertion cuts? It's pretty well healed and although it's a little tender in places, is fine. I've gone without a hat quite a bit so I'm not entirely uncomfortable. I am, however, curious if that will subside over time.

please be patient with me, I realize that I'm possibly overanalyzing and looking for problems. For some reason, I can't seem to help it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hairday16.jpg

Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	2132   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair 011.jpg

Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	2134   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair 068.jpg

Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	2135  

just curious...I can't see it on the front, but on the crown, I think I can still see, I don't know how to describe it, but the little insertion cuts? It's pretty well healed and although it's a little tender in places, is fine. I've gone without a hat quite a bit so I'm not entirely uncomfortable. I am, however, curious if that will subside over time.

please be patient with me, I realize that I'm possibly overanalyzing and looking for problems. For some reason, I can't seem to help it.
    I can't see what you are describing, but maybe that is a good thing.....