50 Yrs... Heading to Turkey ....Maybe!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GettingOld
    • Apr 2013

It comes to about $3.40 per graft in USD. Really depends on how many you have as to whether or not the jet lag and cost are worth it. For me, I consider him one if not the best in the world and if you have any desire whatsoever to visit Turkey than it is a no brainer. Quotes in North America ranged from $5 to $10 per graft from top doctors.

Comment

• kamakmalik
      • Sep 2014

I dont think it is clever to claim all doctors in Turkey are quacks. There are many excellent doctors over there from what I have learnt so far from my researches and they are also members of international medical associations such as ISHRS, IAHRS.

Comment

• GettingOld
        • Apr 2013

I am 4.5 months post procedure and my results are great with Dr. Erdogan. I will post pics soon just have not had time.

Comment

• Paget
          • Oct 2015

Hi Getting Old
          Have you updated your story since 09-19-2014 where you were 4.5 months post procedure. Would like to hear the rest and see your monthly updates. Thanks

Comment

• GNX
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by itsmyhairs
            Going to quacks in turkey is the absolute worst thing you can do.
            well, u surely get ignorant post of the month award! Congratulations! Erdogan is one of the best HT doctors on the planet. so next time you THINK u have somthn constructive to say do urself and everyone on this forum a favor and STFU!

the stupidity of ppl these days just never seems to amaze me smh....

Comment

• CaliD
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by GettingOld
              I am 4.5 months post procedure and my results are great with Dr. Erdogan. I will post pics soon just have not had time.
              I guess you decided not to post updated pics. Did you have a good final result? Are you still on Finasteride and if so what dose? Just curious, it's always good to see/hear about Dr. Koray's results.

Comment

• GettingOld
                • Apr 2013

Sorry for not updating.......

Sorry for not updating. One way to interpret my lack of updates is I no longer think about my hair. This is simply true. I am very happy with the result. Erdogan and his staff are simply some of the best in the world. I cannot imagine a more professional team of people. He is a funny guy. Studied in states and used to play American Football. Here is one pic I found on my computer that we took recently. No I do not take the finesteride anymore. Honestly, I just don't think I need it. I had 900 grafts in my crown which covered the beginning of my balding. If I start to think more I guess I will continue using it. Be glad to answer any questions.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Paget
                  • Oct 2015

Looking good. do you have any photos of back donor area?
                  When did you have your FUE procedure?
                  What made you choose Dr Erdogan above all others ?
                  Thanks in advance, GettingOld.

Comment

• GettingOld
                    • Apr 2013

Here is a photo of the back. Had the Fue done April 2014. Well for one I believe he is one of the best if not the best in the world. His pricing was far better than anyone else in his peer group.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Paget
                      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by GettingOld
                      Here is a photo of the back. Had the Fue done April 2014. Well for one I believe he is one of the best if not the best in the world. His pricing was far better than anyone else in his peer group.
                      Thanks GettingOld, Did you pay one price which included procedure, hotel stay and the airport cliniic transfers? How much was this? and did you have to pay cash only? Thanks in advance

Comment

• GettingOld
                        • Apr 2013

No I paid for the hotel and transportation separately. They will arrange things for you if you want Im sure. In my particular case I decided to tour Turkey in advance of my procedure with my wife and daughter. At the end they flew back home and I headed over to Asmed. Yes the "Cash" thing was a bit of a pain and there are not a lot of options there. Just get a money belt and go directly to Asmed once you arrive. I had to keep that cash on me for week during my vacation period which was nerve racking and kept withdrawal maximums from ATMs while I was there..

There is a hotel they recommend which is the Nice Royal Otel. It is one block from the clinic so you can walk back and forth. They are used to having people stay there with bald and bandaged heads so you will be much less self conscious there. They also serve food in the lobby so you dont have to go out to a restaurant in your awkward looking state.

Comment

• Paget
                          • Oct 2015

Thanks again for your reply
                          I have read that the cash thing is to stop paying additional charges...not sure on this
                          Do they have accpomodation at the clinic/hospital?
                          Can you say how much your procedure alone was ?
                          Thanks again.

Comment

• GettingOld
                            • Apr 2013

Bring a large portion of the cash with yout and then make up the difference with ATMs there. Just know your daily withdrawal limit. No accommodations at the clinic. I would say 90% of patients stay at the Royal Otel as mentioned. I don't remember total. They will give you a detail. I think there is around a $100 to $200 in meds etc. in addition to the grafts. I really don't remember my total. You need to send them photos and get an estimate of the number of grafts you need. Bring enough cash to pay for more just in case once you get there and you decide to do more after he sees you in person. I actually had several clinics estimate my grafts needed so I would have a good idea as to what I would need before going to Asmed. Flights are expensive from the states. I was comfortable with cabs and ferries as I had been there for a week but in that part of Istanbul there will be no english speaking people other than at the clinic and hotel. That being said, the airport transfer is probably the way to go. Let them arrange everything.

Comment

• Paget
                              • Oct 2015

Thanks GettingOld
                              Flying from the states to Turkey is a big commiment...must be done though if Dr Koray Erdogan is the main man for FUE Procedure.
                              How were you with any discomfort after procedure and on the long flight home? This is what I am concerned about as well as the other things that all are adding up in this quest to have my hair back. Welcome again.

Comment

• GettingOld
                                • Apr 2013

I did not have much discomfort. It is more of an awkward feeling as they give you a hat to where that is kind of like a fly fishing hat and you feel awkward. Discomfort for me was no biggie. A couple of tylenol and ibuprofen worked. The hard part is sleeping on your back with the neck pillow. I am a stomach sleeper and love to grind my forehead into my pillow. That is something you DO NOT want to do if you want to protect your grafts. I think I lost probably 3-4 total out of the thousands implanted so no biggie.

Comment

Working...