+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Gettingold you seem to be at an age where you have more common sense than is often found in younger men. You also now have actual experience where you have found that you can go outside this country and find the level of skill and care both much higher than you might have received here with your dental trip experience. I also know this to be true not only with my own ht experience but also by the fact that I will be traveling outside the country this summer, my first outside of the ht excursions in about 40 years……..lol……….and yes my recent improvement in ht has made this all possible. BHR has changed my life in many ways so far. My trip will be to Macedonia where not only my father was born but also my wife and I will be having my dental work performed there. We have sent 4 people there over that last couple of years and have arranged for their dental work to be performed. The level of care they received along with the quality of the work and cost has started a conversation among many here and now everyone we know seems to want to make the trip.

My last visit to a dentist was about 3 years ago here in Chicago. They gave me an estimate for the work and keep in mind I hadn’t been to the dentist in about 10 years. I was always worried about concealer getting on the back of the chair as odd as that sounds but this often becomes the life of a ht patient others might want to jot that one down to the list. When I reached the halfway point and realized I had already paid the amount I was quoted I asked about this and I was told I was given a written quote for only half the work………..lol…………..can you believe that. Who gives someone a written estimate for half the work? Someone raised in a world of capitalism where the greed has gotten completely out of control and they need more and more to consume more and more.

People fall into this trap here of a sort of tunnel vision of when it comes to sources of information. Mostly from TV as they don’t realize they are just slowly being conditioned to believe word for word what they are being told without asking many questions. Boston Baldy recently gave a good example of what happens when all the information one receives if from one source. So keep asking questions and learn as much as possible before moving forward from as many sources as possible then put the pieces of the puzzle together yourself and form your own opinion not one someone has handed you.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    Going to quacks in turkey is the absolute worst thing you can do.
    Silly comment. Dr. A . Muttalip Keser from Turkey is one of the best FUE doctors at restoring natural looking hairlines in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    Silly comment. Dr. A . Muttalip Keser from Turkey is one of the best FUE doctors at restoring natural looking hairlines in the world.
    Uh, most doctors in Turkey are quacks, just read some of the horror stories on this forum about people who've went there for HT's.
    You buy cheap stuff from turkey and you get rubbish.

Listen to me or don't, it's your choice, but at least you've been warned after you get a 30% yield from 2000 grafts or an unnatural hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by GettingOld View Post
    Hi, Im 50 years of age from Atlanta, GA and think I am a NW 3 Vertex. Kind of going through a mini mid life crisis now so just got back from Costa Rica to get new veneers (great place to go get dentistry done by the way) and thought I would address that receding hair line this year too. I have emailed and spoken to several patient consultants over the phone. I was considering Costa Rica also but just cannot find anyone there I am comfortable with. Based on my assessment of most FUE doctors with great reputations it seems to me a like a marketing driven specialty and I wonder if the value of the results can be had.

I have gotten estimates of 1,000 to 2,800 Fue grafts needed to restore my hair. My gut says that the lower numbers were driven toward getting me in the door and the later is probably what I need. At this point as crazy as it seems, I am thinking of getting on a long plane ride to Turkey and going with 2,800 grafts using Dr. Koray in Istanbul. He seems to have a very good online reputation and his before/after photos are some of the best I have seen. When I questioned him on the number of grafts being so high as compared to others, his logic was that my existing hair is very dense and to look right the hairline should maintain that density. He want to do 2100 grafts on the temples and 700 on the crown. What do you guys think based on the photos, Is he right?

At 2.50 Euros I can save about 42% over Dr. Cole in Atlanta even after travel. Am I crazy?
    I have seen some really good results from Docs in Turkey.

I'd probably leave the crown in your position and wait to see if it gets worse. And I'm not conservative as I've had 5,400 grafts jam packed into my crown at the age of 31.

Good luck.

Uh, most doctors in Turkey are quacks, just read some of the horror stories on this forum about people who've went there for HT's.

Listen to me or don't, it's your choice, but at least you've been warned after you get a 30% yield from 2000 grafts or an unnatural hairline.
    I have seen countless and countless cases of good work from Dr Keser and Dr Koray in Turkey, Many people form the US and Europe go there and countless videos and pictures of the excellent work these guys do can be found easily.

Either of those names will give you many hits on google which (if you were interested in anything bar branding them with the brush of quack) blows your ignorant claims out of the water.

Dr. Koray is actually a pioneer of the one step manual punch technique and both are very experienced and have many happy customers.

Sure there may be some rip of artists but every country has them, we could rule out the US based on the minority of quacks also.

Your comments show you know absolutely nothing about HT Dr's in Turkey.

I have seen just as many horror stories and ripoffs about American and European doctors. There are good and bad doctors everywhere and just because they are from the West does not constitute competency. There are core economic reasons ranging from legal tort issues and cost of labor that drive prices in differing countries. That is the primary driver of the FUE costs in Turkey. To make sweeping statements about a country as a whole without considering what everyone has said about Koray and Keser and their reputations seems to be based on some sort of nationalistic prejudice. I have traveled much of the world and am proud of my country but the older I get the more I realize that their are talented good hearted people all over.

My bottom line in choosing services is to pick someone who cannot afford to have me give them a negative review. That is, their reputation is so good that to take advantage of me would cost them dearly because their existing reputation is just so good. I really cannot find anything but stellar reviews about these HT surgeons.

Just curious, who did you get your HT surgery from?

Default Finally Heading to Turkey

After much research and contemplation, I feel most comfortable with Dr. Erdogan (Asmed) in Istanbul Turkey. He has decided not to mess with the crown but to use meds on that. Heading out last week in April. I will be meeting my daughter in Istanbul who is studying abroad in Europe and am looking forward to visiting one of the most interesting and historical cities and countries in the world. I will report back with a detailed trip report but so far communications with Dr. Erdogan and the Asmed staff have been pleasant, professional and timely.

Wishing you all the best and great to hear you have family there as having some support makes it all less stressful.

Best of luck!

Dr koray in Turkey is the only guy I would use, his work on here looks amazing and the prices are superb and affordable.