+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    Thanks, Tracy. Perhaps it isn't working for me. I am going to quit this website!
    Hey dont listen to Tracy - thats a given on this site.

You look like you got some great results in the crown area, but I think you should consider conflating your treatment with a transplant (I know you're scared of going under the knife but FUE is minimally invasive).

Would be interesting to know if you had any side effects with Finasteride/Minoxidil?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post

You look like you got some great results in the crown area, but I think you should consider conflating your treatment with a transplant (I know you're scared of going under the knife but FUE is minimally invasive).

Would be interesting to know if you had any side effects with Finasteride/Minoxidil?
    She's right, you could barely tell. You'd have to look hard. I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt if he at least gets the same haircut. Nobody is attacking him, in every hair loss forum where some one puts up before and after pics with different hair cuts, the other members react the same way and that is that it's hard to tell. Especially in this case where he is coming back from what appears to be a deep NW.

Just to tell the thread starter something positive, and true, you could at least see that you have maintained throughout the year. I mean you did not get worse at all and you feel you have improved, that is what matters. I know how it feels for some people to deny your improvement, I showed pics of my crown which filled out a little in one month on Dutasteride and Rogaine + fin, and a coupe of posters rejected the photos as having different lighting, different angles, etc. But in the end, if you feel the treatments is helping you, that's what matters. It brings your confidence up that you are improving and it keeps you going.

Well I started losing hair at age 17, I think. And, started Fin when I was 24. But the damage around the hairline was already done by that time.

Fin has allowed me to maintain my hair and it doesn't look too bad when it is cut short (not too bad at age 38). I started Minox and Nizoral2% an year ago to see if I can GAIN some hair.

Fortunately, where I live, both generic Fin and Minox are cheap. I will continue the treatment for another year and would post better pictures next time. Perhaps use a regular camera this time instead of an iPhone. Thanks, everyone!

Well I started losing hair at age 17, I think. And, started Fin when I was 24. But the damage around the hairline was already done by that time.

Fin has allowed me to maintain my hair and it doesn't look too bad when it is cut short (not too bad at age 38). I started Minox and Nizoral2% an year ago to see if I can GAIN some hair.

Fortunately, where I live, both generic Fin and Minox are cheap. I will continue the treatment for another year and would post better pictures next time. Perhaps use a regular camera this time instead of an iPhone. Thanks, everyone!
    I'm confused, you're 38 years old and you started finasteride at 24?

what Norwood were you when you started Finasteride (age 24)?

Have you experienced any side effects from Finasteride?

Yes, been on Fin for 14 years. No side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post

And to be honest, it's great that you're maintaining but your hair loss is at a point where you either need to commit to getting a HT or shave it.
    I don't agree with this statement. A short haircut, even for NW4, can be better look than a clean shaven. If I shaved my head, I'd look like a deranged serial killer.

I don't agree with this statement. A short haircut, even for NW4, can be better look than a clean shaven. If I shaved my head, I'd look like a deranged serial killer.
    Hi.

Could you put up some new photos so we can see what is going on for you? It would benefit all who want to know if the 'big 3' work or not.

For once i have to agree with HL.
    Its good that you're maintaining but you really should buzz it at least if not shave it.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    It's a good thing that that is not true in any way shape or form. Because a lot of guys and gals have been helped by members like me.

If you had bothered to pay even the slightest little bit of attention to what I said, I told him I do see improvement. But the quality of the photos is so poor it is very difficult to tell.

UK_, You have no legitimate reason to keep this aggression against me going other than the fact that you are a complete jerk. Leave me alone. I am trying to help people here and people are being helped. So leave me alone.