+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 107 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast

So ready to make the jump to try this. I am just hung up on it being an experimental treatment. I cannot find any good studies on safety. Such as fertility and other side effects. Man it just sucks that we don't know more. I know a lot of people have tried it, but it is still scary putting a chemical on your head and it gets in your body systematically and you know the chemical was not made in a lab by a reputable company. Any input would be great. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    So ready to make the jump to try this. I am just hung up on it being an experimental treatment. I cannot find any good studies on safety. Such as fertility and other side effects. Man it just sucks that we don't know more. I know a lot of people have tried it, but it is still scary putting a chemical on your head and it gets in your body systematically and you know the chemical was not made in a lab by a reputable company. Any input would be great. Thanks guys
    Well you can find enough studies about anti-androgens. There are quite some studies about RU too and clinical trials have run too. Perhaps you can contact the people who were involved in this to get more information.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Deuce I think the way to go right now is to use ru like every other day and a pgd2 blocker in rotation. Or just both every day if you have the money. Every person buying RU should be asking for setipip or OC or both. I'm positive they are much safer and better maintenance treatments. And for whoever is on fin and not maintaining I think adding a pgd2 blocker is prob the way to go. I've researched the shit out of this and it all seems correct.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobus View Post
    Illusion, it might just be that you use too much shampoo every day. I hated the itch on my head and was convinced that it was from MPB, but when I couldn't shower for two days it started to go away and has not come back since I started using much less shampoo every day (two weeks already). Of course MPB-itch is real, however, I am saying that a similar itch may arise from too much shampoo. If it applies to your case, please try! - (only a little for your hairs and wash away quickly)
    Thanks for the tip, will cut down on my shampoo-usage. Everything to get rid of that itch I guess, it's annoying as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Well you can find enough studies about anti-androgens. There are quite some studies about RU too and clinical trials have run too. Perhaps you can contact the people who were involved in this to get more information.
    This is so much harder than it sounds. Maybe I'm just a retard when it comes to finding other people online, but I searched through quite some articles on ncbi, googled every researcher of Battmann's team and even searched through Linked-In, but nothing came out of it... I highly encourage anyone to try as well though, I was hoping to get an answer as to why RU was discontinued from any further investigation. Up to this day I hope that it had something to do with finances or it being too expensive, and something with potentional (longterm) sides or its efficacy. Though I assume if it were one of the latter, we would have read more about it online.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Thanks for the tip, will cut down on my shampoo-usage. Everything to get rid of that itch I guess, it's annoying as hell.

This is so much harder than it sounds. Maybe I'm just a retard when it comes to finding other people online, but I searched through quite some articles on ncbi, googled every researcher of Battmann's team and even searched through Linked-In, but nothing came out of it... I highly encourage anyone to try as well though, I was hoping to get an answer as to why RU was discontinued from any further investigation. Up to this day I hope that it had something to do with finances or it being too expensive, and something with potentional (longterm) sides or its efficacy. Though I assume if it were one of the latter, we would have read more about it online.

Man I have struggled with the itch for two years now, and the only thing that got rid of it was topical zyrtec at night. It's still there a little, but even after not taking zyrtec for two days it's not bad. I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but PGD2 is the key here. If you block the things that jumpstart inflammation, you block the itch. I have no idea if blocking PGD2 is the way to keep your hair forever, but it definitely does not hurt.

Evrery person on this forum should be waking up to the news that Cotsarellis' research was legit, and that companies are willing to invest money into this. Not to mention the fact that pretty much every PGD2 blocker tested by people online has pretty much halted shedding. Do not expect regrowth from this route, but if you want to stop losing hair, we need to start getting someone like kane to sell this at a competitive price. Things like BIM and SM might come out in a few years and provide that means for regrowth that the blockers don't have, but until then the purpose of these forums is to makes moves ahead of time and keep what we've got.

Every forum poster that still has hair should be emailing kane (or working to find another source) and asking his a) to sell setipiprant at a competitive price to RU, b) sell OC at a competitive price, and c) explain to him why we are more interested in setipip (because cots and kythera have worked for two years tailing different pgd2 blockers, and that is what they chose. Tell kane that it doesn't matter if OC is stronger, it might not be as selective for hair growth as setipip is, and is surely more of a pain to apply. I don't know about you, but ethanol does not do anything good for my scalp.

and vis a vis RU, i doubt it's too unsafe to give a shot (definitely more safe than propecia), but we only have to look at the history of people online trialling it to see that it has a very variable efficacy. It seems to work and then stop working and cause sheds, and the PGD2 blockers don't seem to do this at all.

Default My RU experience

Just wanted to post my personal experiences on RU

Ive tried it about 3 times

- first 5 percent KB for about 3 days got bad ball pain watery semen and bad erections .I stopped but then decided to try

- A month or two later 3 percent in Neogenic after one day i got the same sides but this time made me feel more depressed and out of it. so

-finally two months later I tried 3 percent KB and still same sides but the depressed feeling was the worst

Now something that I got every time I tried it was an immediate reducing in shedding for the one or two days after applying it BUT it would then take me into a really bad shed. Every time i tried it I would have a bad shed And itch lasting one or two weeks this was more evident the second two times i tried it. It has led me to believe that blocking receptors and then unblocking can have some sort of an increased sensitivity effect.

And RU58441 when it goes into you blood and it does definitely has systemic effects even though it only blocks receptors. It took me about a week each time to recover from sides , and the sheds that I experienced made me lose a noticeable amount of density in a short time one or two weeks.

Shit man. Has anyone had a consistently good experience with RU? I didn't know people were getting fin-like side effects.

Hey guys, just wanted to chime in on how RU is working for me. I started using Anageninc's 5% solution a few weeks ago, I've seen a slight increase in shedding, nothing really cosmetically noticeable just the smaller hairs that were useless anyway. Overall though, my scalp is less oily and most of my itch and irritation has gone away which is funny because I thought the ethanol would cause more irritation. As for side effects? Absolutely nothing. I was really worried about it but my sex drive and everything else hasn't changed one bit.

Anyway, how can RU cause the receptor to become more sensitive? I've heard this before but I've never seen any evidence of it.

So I was reading this on a forum about something totally different, but I think the same thing comes into play with androgen receptor blockers: "

antagonists will usually cause upregulation. Block a receptor from being activated, and cascades of reactions will take place to increase receptor density. A good example is beta blockers. This is exactly the reason behind the idea of tapering off them rather than abrupt withdrawal, as given sufficient time and blockade, a large increase in receptor density will precipitate a massive catecholaminergic response, and consequential ischemia and heart attacks (which are pretty hard to treat relative to typical atherosclerotic/thrombotic ischemic events)"

This would explain why people have such fluctuating experiences with RU. I'm not gonna use it even though I ordered some, I don't think blocking receptors is the way to go when it comes to solving any health issues, because when you stop blocking them there is going to be hell to pay. Unfortunately the new PGD2 drugs work by blocking receptors too, but at least in that case they are not messing with your androgen receptors and your hormonal balance, and might get us over the hump to cell based treatments like replicel.