+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 107 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Hi mikes that's what I have said minox as per hairloss loser on youtube vid as well says mix minox with ru he chooses to make 30mls of minox with 3grams of ru, but to make a 5% ru you can add 3grams to 60mls minox I think it was he who said use regaine or rogaine for the mix as some of the generics do not work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverSleep View Post
    Hey Illusion,

I started applying RU 4 days ago, and the first thing I noticed was the itch that you speak of. Is that a sign that it is working? My scalp has been itching me from the very first application, and I wasnt sure if it was the RU causing it.
    Well, if you suddenly started noticing an itch on your scalp at the same itme you started RU, it might very well be the vehicle that gives you that itch. For example, some people have an allergic reaction to propylene glycol and thus get an incredible itch from applying that to their scalp. However, this is just an allergic reaction and has nothing to do with the baldness process.

I'm not saying the above is the case, but it might be worth considering. If it persists for a long time and if you're sure it's not related to baldness (like you're on RU for a good while and have some maintenance and slight thickening, which probably means that your balding is stabilised for now) then you could consider to switch to a different vehicle if the itch is really annoying to you. A good alternative would be to use KB as a vehicle. I can't really tell you much more about KB though as I don't use it myself...

Is anagenic a legit site to buy it like the premade solution? It would be nifty if someone knew the guys that researched this drug and could ask them what they thought about long term safety, if it went systemic, and stuff like that. I dont know how I feel using a completely untested chemical although propecia we know goes systemic too. The guys that worked on RU would have good guesses about its use for MPB or why it never got finished. I would believe them verses people guessing.

@doke he said generic is fine and if it doesn't dissolve throw it in the freezer, it will dissolve then. You could also add some ethanol, reason being minoxidil solutions have a lot of water in them.

@burtandernie Anagenic is legit, that's where most get there RU from. Ru goes systematic but it turns into a weaker chemical but if you use to much you may notice sides. Ru has some studies on it. Of course propecia goes systematic you take it as a pill and for propecia to work it needs to lower your DHT. And you will probably never find out why it did not get finished, it would be interesting to know though. But in the hairloss world alot of things that have potential are put to the side or dismissed, Aderans for example. There's enough people using RU to know it works but with any treatment it might not work for everyone. You got to make that decision if it's worth to use or not.

I vouch for Anagen always great service from Kane, I always keep RU58841 as back up.

I've been using RU for about 1,5 months now but I don't have the feeling it has been doing a lot... I know I should give medication more time but thing is that my hair line has got a lot of new miniaturized hairs and unfortunately, these aren't new hairs sprouting out but old hairs dying (I have pictures for comparison).

I used to make weekly batches of RU mixed with ethanol and propylene glycol, which I stored in the freezer. Sometimes I forgot to put the bottle of premixed RU back in the freezer again so it would be a night out of the freezer, though in a dark bottle (no light could reach it) and with room temperature. After this night I would put it back in the freezer again.

Regarding mixing, I used to get my whole back of RU (10g) out of the freezer to mix my weekly batch. It would be out of the fridge for half an hour or so and it would be exposed to lamplight (never to sunlight though) with the temperature being just standard room temperature.

I apply RU once a day right before going to bed. I don't always wash my hair right before using it and sometimes there are a couple of hours between getting my RU out of the freezer and actually applying it.

Do you guys see anything in the above which could have decreased efficacy of the RU? My dosage varied during the time of using, but it varied between 25mg/2,5 ml and 70 mg/2,5ml. Would this be too low to notice an effect? I doubt it, as I did notice some systematic effects from the RU... Could it be that my hair just not responds to RU? Also, I'll now be starting to apply 70mg RU / 2ml kirkland 5% minoxidil, where I'll be making 3-day batches which I will store in the freezer. Any tips as to increase efficacy or improve something in the whole storage/mixing/applying process? Note that I have the MPB-itch pretty often still...

Again, I didn't expect to see an improvement after 1,5 months but I certainly didn't expect to see my hair line miniaturize more than it did before...

Why do people think this doesnt go systemic though? This study on stumptailed macaques found no systemic sides but they said it could induce them. Its hard to believe something so potent does not go systemic at all although it seems to work really well at stopping androgens

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9798729

The potency of RU58841 was comparable to that of hydroxyflutamide. From this result, topical application of RU58841, which is considered to be a potential therapy for skin diseases, may induce systemic side effects. However, RU58841, on topical application, revealed a potent increase in density, thickening, and length of hair in the macaque model of androgenetic alopecia, whereas no systemic effects were detected.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Why do people think this doesnt go systemic though? This study on stumptailed macaques found no systemic sides but they said it could induce them. Its hard to believe something so potent does not go systemic at all although it seems to work really well at stopping androgens

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9798729

The potency of RU58841 was comparable to that of hydroxyflutamide. From this result, topical application of RU58841, which is considered to be a potential therapy for skin diseases, may induce systemic side effects. However, RU58841, on topical application, revealed a potent increase in density, thickening, and length of hair in the macaque model of androgenetic alopecia, whereas no systemic effects were detected.
    I think in some phenotypes RU58841 might go systematic, The handy thing about RU-58841 is that it works differently than a 5ar2 inhibitor and doesn't alter hormonal levels whatsoever. Sides rapidly go away when treatment is stopped if you look at user experience. I experience the same.

If you buy the premixed RU from anagenic how long does it keep and can you just store it room temperature? If you apply it like once a day how long would 50ml last you?

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    If you buy the premixed RU from anagenic how long does it keep and can you just store it room temperature? If you apply it like once a day how long would 50ml last you?
    Can't really tell you much about efficacy of premixed RU compared to self-mixed RU... I believe Kane's RU (in powder form, not in mixed form!) is proven to keep it's efficacy at room temp for 6 months, you should ask someone else as a reference though.

Regarding ml/dose, it depends on your area of balding. When you only need to apply it to the hair line, I think 0,5ml is enough. However, when your whole scalp is balding you're going to need 2ml at least in my experience. It also depends on vehicle. ethanol/ppg (70/30) is a bit thicker then when you mix RU into minox, thus I feel it's easier to spread the minox-RU out over my head and thus I need less of it.