+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Got it. Will experiment a bit with it to see what works best. With heat you mean that you put your closed minox+RU bottle in a hot bath of water to make it dissolve faster? Or do you actually add the hot water to it? I'm not very keen on mixing with water as it's not great for dissolving (I heard), but if you say so... Again, will mess around with this a bit

have started a separate thread, but hard to geyt traction as a new poster

looking to make my own minox and ru topicals.

what would be best non pg vehicle? glycerine, iso propyl? others? what %/ ratio?

can I use same vehicle for minox? will be 2 separate preparations. do you need to use a cream base if higher than 5% minox?

finally any ideas for whare to buy minox raw powder in europe? tried china, but most suppliers wont do small amounts..or very expesnive.

I have read through loads of threads, but still none the wiser

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Got it. Will experiment a bit with it to see what works best. With heat you mean that you put your closed minox+RU bottle in a hot bath of water to make it dissolve faster? Or do you actually add the hot water to it? I'm not very keen on mixing with water as it's not great for dissolving (I heard), but if you say so... Again, will mess around with this a bit
    No, definitely don't add any water! What I mean is, bathe the container with the solution in hot water. I use a glass measuring jug for this and when it has dissolved completely, I fill up the empty Kirkland bottles with the minox/RU solution.

atob, you can find all the information you need about making RU at the start of this thread. Not sure about making your own minox.

hi

yes have read through and seems like glycerine /ethanol is an option if no pg, but hard to see a concensus?

what would be right ratio.. 70/30, gyl/eth?

Why nobody considers KB solution? I think it's good.

I have a two questions/talking points for this.
    1) why does no one use RUM anymore? I think I read it's difficult to find a good distributor, but having a cream application method would be ideal. I'd hate to get RU in my eyes
    2) why do companies develop this then drop this randomly? it's been picked up several times from what I've read, but it's always dropped. Is it because they realize it isn't sell-able as a hairloss drug as it topically degrades too quickly to sell and would need to be refrigerated in order to mass distribute? Or could it be that orally the sides are as bad as other similar spec'ed drugs and that coupled with the degradation makes it difficult to make profitable.

Just a bit curious on peoples takes on those questions.

Is ethanol/pg still considered the best vehicle for RU? Currently alternating days of ethanol/pg and neogenic but considering dropping neo altogether.

from all ive read, eth/pg is the most used vehicle. from those who use neo - there didn't seem to be any specific advantage other than its ready made?

glycerine or aloe +eth to avoid scalp irritation, k and b seems to leave a film, and residue.

First few weeks of RU usage were pure heaven for me (close to zero shedding, no MPB itch) but things have changed... I'm back to my old shedding but more important, that goddamned itch is back. I even upped my dosage but it doesn't seem to matter. It's not the RU, as I do get the sides with the higher dosage. Does anybody know what's going on? Are my AR's just completely ****ed?

I recently bought the powder from anageninc and was wondering where do I buy the solution ingredients in canada? I couldn't find everclear and not sure where to look for propylene glycol. The solution requires ethanol, so couldn't I buy the rubbing alcohol which is 95% ethanol?