+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

I have a question: I'm currently using ru 5% and minox separated. since my schedule is really tight, it's kind hard for me to apply ru in the morning and minox at night after work. I'm wondering: how much time should pass between the 2 applications in order to keep them as effective as possible? would it be ok to apply ru and then minox after a short lapse of time, like 30 mins or an hour, or should I wait longer, like 2 hours or more? sure you guys can help me with this. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by xLeox View Post
    I have a question: I'm currently using ru 5% and minox separated. since my schedule is really tight, it's kind hard for me to apply ru in the morning and minox at night after work. I'm wondering: how much time should pass between the 2 applications in order to keep them as effective as possible? would it be ok to apply ru and then minox after a short lapse of time, like 30 mins or an hour, or should I wait longer, like 2 hours or more? sure you guys can help me with this. thanks.
    Half hour should be alright. I'd wait as long as possible and make sure the first treatment has dried in sufficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by xLeox View Post
    30-60 minutes is fine. It's what I did.

Diffuseloser, do you rub the minox in your scalp? I used to do just that with RU in ethanol/pg but was wondering if it would matter if you'd do the same with minox and RU (as I read that people don't rub minox in their hair but just drop & leave it there). It probably doesn't matter that much but I'd like to know anyway.

Also, would it really matter what minox I'd be using if I'm going to dissolve RU into it? I'm going for a 5% solution, that's for sure, but I'm not certain of the brand yet as there are slight differences in things like vehicle.

(I might be overthinking this)

Default I

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Diffuseloser, do you rub the minox in your scalp? I used to do just that with RU in ethanol/pg but was wondering if it would matter if you'd do the same with minox and RU (as I read that people don't rub minox in their hair but just drop & leave it there). It probably doesn't matter that much but I'd like to know anyway.

Also, would it really matter what minox I'd be using if I'm going to dissolve RU into it? I'm going for a 5% solution, that's for sure, but I'm not certain of the brand yet as there are slight differences in things like vehicle.

(I might be overthinking this)
    Hey Illusion. I always try to massage the minoxidil into my scalp, especially if there's RU in there. You definitely don't want to waste it. If you just drip it onto your scalp, you're missing spots and the shit will run down onto other areas of your scalp and your face. I find that rubbing it in a little with the tips of my fingers combats this and helps with penetration.

As for minoxidil, I just use cheap and cheerful Kirkland 5%. I've heard a good few others using this as well with success, although I don't think it matters. Try to look for one with a lower water content.

thanks for the answer guys. being able to put minox on after an hour makes things easier for me

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    30-60 minutes is fine. It's what I did.
    you switched to combining ru + minox or you just don't use ru anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    As for minoxidil, I just use cheap and cheerful Kirkland 5%. I've heard a good few others using this as well with success, although I don't think it matters. Try to look for one with a lower water content.
    when talking about Ru and Minox combined, do you think one should stick to 10 ml batch or it's possible to make relatively bigger batches (like 30 ml, so that I wouldn't need to prepare it every week) and still keep 100% ru effectiveness? and how much ethanol should I add for such a quantity (30 ml)? what other minox could be good, besides kirkland, for such purpose?

thanks once again for your feedback, much appreciated. it's hard to get ru talk here in italy.

You're welcome. I would probably advise you to stick with smaller batches although I do make up large batches(3x 60ml bottles) and freeze them.

I use as little alcohol as possible. I put the powder into a glass jug then just dump in a few capfuls of alcohol, then almost immediately in with the minoxidil.

I see. I'm planning to make bigger mixed batches as you eventually. as for a couple months, I'll stick to 10 ml ru batches only. I've been using it for a month now and I think it caused me a little shedding, so I don't wanna risk to aggravate it switching to a different minox (currently using one with progesterone added, done by a pharmacy) that I'm using now. plus, I'm kinda paranoid about the exact quantity of ethanol to add to the solution.

Hey Illusion. I always try to massage the minoxidil into my scalp, especially if there's RU in there. You definitely don't want to waste it. If you just drip it onto your scalp, you're missing spots and the shit will run down onto other areas of your scalp and your face. I find that rubbing it in a little with the tips of my fingers combats this and helps with penetration.

Cheers mate, just ordered me some Kirkland 5%, I'll see how things go.

I use as little alcohol as possible. I put the powder into a glass jug then just dump in a few capfuls of alcohol, then almost immediately in with the minoxidil.
    You still add ethanol to the RU? I thought I could just dump the powder in a vial and then add minox to it, shake it and done. Are you adding ethanol for solubility?

I use Isopropyl 99.9%. RU will dissolve in stock minoxidil without it but may take a little longer. There is alcohol present in Kirkland 5% but a few capfuls of Isopropyl helps it along for me. If I ever make another batch I'll try it without. I think the most important aspect is to use a little heat to help it dissolve. Hot water from the sink is sufficient.