+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 107 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

DIM is the main ingredient in over the counter estrogen blocker pills. I think it's the extract from vegetables (like broccoli, cauliflower) that are supposed to help flush estrogen out the system. I don't know much about its dosage and safety. A week later, I don't know bout its efficiency in reducing gyno either. I guess it really depends on how much your gyno has progressed. I am currently just going off anything that messes with hormones completely, including my saw palmetto shampoo.

I'm in the same boat with regards to gyno. It's probably not visible to anyone else but I'm aware of it because it's only in one nipple and it's not severe yet at all. Anyone have any luck just reducing the dosage..? I'd really prefer not to stop using RU before it has a chance to be successful but man boobs are worse than thinning hair I guess.

Andactrim supposedly works very good against gyno, but it's DHT gel so that sucks.

Yeah that's the best topical I found for combating gyno but it tends to go systematic so that's a hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Andactrim supposedly works very good against gyno, but it's DHT gel so that sucks.
    Even gyno that has already developped a bit and has been there for a few years? I don't know a lot about gyno but a lot of people say that when it is there for too long, it becomes permanent and surgery is the only solution left.

I want to start minoxidil, but I'm not sure how to use it in combination with RU... I don't want to add my RU to my minoxidil because I make batches for 5-7 days and I have my doubts regarding minoxidil being a good vehicle for such a long time. Hence, I want to use Minoxidil besides using RU (vehicle = ethanol/pg).

How do I do this? Should I do minox first and then RU? Or the other way around? And do I have to wait untill the first one (the one that is better to apply first) has dried up? If so, that could take a while.

Another possibillity is to apply minox in the morning and RU in the evening but I believe minox has to be applied two times a day so I'm not sure if that would be sufficient enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I want to start minoxidil, but I'm not sure how to use it in combination with RU... I don't want to add my RU to my minoxidil because I make batches for 5-7 days and I have my doubts regarding minoxidil being a good vehicle for such a long time. Hence, I want to use Minoxidil besides using RU (vehicle = ethanol/pg).

How do I do this? Should I do minox first and then RU? Or the other way around? And do I have to wait untill the first one (the one that is better to apply first) has dried up? If so, that could take a while.

Another possibillity is to apply minox in the morning and RU in the evening but I believe minox has to be applied two times a day so I'm not sure if that would be sufficient enough.
    I've been using RU in minox with no issues. I make up 3 month batches then freeze them. It doesn't appear to lose efficacy for me.

If you want to avoid using minox as a vehicle, I would definitely do the RU first then apply minox later. You should be alright using minoxidil once per day. It's not ideal but neither is using it twice a day. It's the RU that's gonna give you the regrowth so make that your priority. I don't believe using minox twice a day makes much of a difference anyway. It's gonna lose efficacy after a while however much you apply it. Go with RU in the morning and minox at night if that is most convenient for you.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    I've been using RU in minox with no issues. I make up 3 month batches then freeze them. It doesn't appear to lose efficacy for me.

If you want to avoid using minox as a vehicle, I would definitely do the RU first then apply minox later. You should be alright using minoxidil once per day. It's not ideal but neither is using it twice a day. It's the RU that's gonna give you the regrowth so make that your priority. I don't believe using minox twice a day makes much of a difference anyway. It's gonna lose efficacy after a while however much you apply it. Go with RU in the morning and minox at night if that is most convenient for you.
    Interesting... If you say that RU + minox, mixed in the freezer for a long time, doesn't seem to lose efficacy, I'd probably go for that. By the way, on what do you base that it doesn't loses its efficacy? Anyone else who has experience with the stabillity of RU + minox?

And yeah, RU definitely has priority over minox so it indeed would be best to apply it before minox. But if mixing RU and minox wouldn't be a problem, that would be great.

PS: minox% doesn't matter if you're going to mix it right?

I have no evidence or nothing besides my own experience to back that up with. The RU I get from Kane is apparently stable for up to a year in powder form. Where do you get your RU from? I'm just going by what works for me. I don't see any reason why mixing it in minoxidil would affect it's stability, but would also like to hear some other opinions. I freeze it just to be sure. I have 2x 60ml bottles in the freezer at the minute and one 60ml bottle I'm currently using stays in the fridge until I apply it in the evening, then straight back into the fridge again. Don't take my word for it. It works for me and I've had results with this method but I would be interested to see what others have to say.

In the meantime, you could mix up a small batch of minox with a little RU powder to get you going for a week say.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    I have no evidence or nothing besides my own experience to back that up with. The RU I get from Kane is apparently stable for up to a year in powder form. Where do you get your RU from? I'm just going by what works for me. I don't see any reason why mixing it in minoxidil would affect it's stability, but would also like to hear some other opinions. I freeze it just to be sure. I have 2x 60ml bottles in the freezer at the minute and one 60ml bottle I'm currently using stays in the fridge until I apply it in the evening, then straight back into the fridge again. Don't take my word for it. It works for me and I've had results with this method but I would be interested to see what others have to say.

In the meantime, you could mix up a small batch of minox with a little RU powder to get you going for a week say.

I also get my RU from Kane. I haven't been using it for that long (about a month) but I base it's efficacy on how bad my itch is (which is not very reliable but better than basing it on sheds as those form a standard part of normal hair cycles). I also don't know why RU wouldn't be stable in minoxidil but that's just the problem with experimental treatments: we don't know a lot of things. But for example, I've heard that RU is less stable in water than it is in ethanol/pg. I don't know if this is true, but if it is, then that means that certain substances are better vehicles for RU than others (which is quite logically ofcourse). That's why I'm always a bit hesitant with putting RU for a prolonged period of time in vehicles that aren't ethanol/pg (actually, even with ethanol/pg I don't like the idea of making batches for longer than 1 week.

I do it like this: I store my RU powder in the freezer, and make batches once per week in ethanol/pg (70:30 ratio). I put my weekly batch in one vial. This vial I also store in the freezer. I don't know if this is good or bad, because it means that everytime that I use my RU, it's ice cold (aka straight from the freezer). I take this vial out of the freezer in the evening to apply, and then put it back into the freezer, although I sometimes forget to do that and it is out of the freezer for the night (but I don't think this is a big problem). Like I said, I'm only using RU for about one month now, so I can't really tell you if the RU is doing something for me or not. I have to say though, the past few weeks I have shed a lot less (as to 2 hairs falling out while styling it vs 20 when I wasn't on RU) and my itch is almost completely gone, but that's not enough to convince me that it's working. I want to see at least a long time of maintenance before I can tell anyone it's working great.

You say you store the bottle you're currently using in the fridge instead of the freezer, what's the advantage to that?