Complete RU58841 Usage Guide - Page 105 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1051
  1. #1041
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Hi all,

    Apologies for resurrecting this thread. I have been using 85mg RU58841 in 0.5ml PG & 1.25ml ethanol every other day for several years, and it dawned on me that whilst the mg amount of RU is quite high, the concentration % is only around 4.9%.

    If I begin to use 1ml of solution, this will rise to 8.5%. Will it therefore be more effective? Or is it the mg amount of RU that matters?

    Also, is there any consensus on whether minoxidil is a suitable carrier for RU? I've seen concerns raised over the water content. Does anyone disolve RU in a 10% or 15% minoxidil solution?

  2. #1042
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    Hi all,

    Apologies for resurrecting this thread. I have been using 85mg RU58841 in 0.5ml PG & 1.25ml ethanol every other day for several years, and it dawned on me that whilst the mg amount of RU is quite high, the concentration % is only around 4.9%.

    If I begin to use 1ml of solution, this will rise to 8.5%. Will it therefore be more effective? Or is it the mg amount of RU that matters?

    Also, is there any consensus on whether minoxidil is a suitable carrier for RU? I've seen concerns raised over the water content. Does anyone disolve RU in a 10% or 15% minoxidil solution?
    What matters is not the concentration, but the amount of RU powder that you use. Think about it.

    1ml solution, 50mg RU = 5% concentration.
    3ml solution, 50mg RU = 1.6% concentration.

    The difference is just that you have more solution to spread across your scalp with 3ml. What matters is that all 3ml is put on your scalp, meaning 50mg of RU is still going to be present in your scalp, it just was spread among 3ml, instead of 1ml, but its still 50mg that is put on your scalp.

  3. #1043
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    72

    Default

    How effective has RU been for you guys? I have been using it in a Minox solution for almost a year September. I have receding and temple loss and I haven't gotten any noticeable regrowth. I have a few random hairs on the totally bald areas. I am also using it on the places i have hair to hopefully decrease loss and gain some additional growth in the productive area. I have been using Minox as the base simply because it is easier and less expensive. Was not aware that it may not be the right thing to do. What do you advise?

  4. #1044
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Thank you it was really helpful.

  5. #1045
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Anyone know where in the UK it is possible to buy suitable ethanol? The place I was getting it from in Germany is no longer exporting to the UK.

  6. #1046
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    Anyone know where in the UK it is possible to buy suitable ethanol? The place I was getting it from in Germany is no longer exporting to the UK.
    I'm from the UK and have found somewhere, it's call receptor chem. From what I can see they seem pretty legit, I've not ordered from there yet but am planning to tonight as it's payday and am taking the RU plunge.

    I'm looking at getting some pre mixed RU. If anyone could share an opinion it would be much appreciated as I'm not to experienced with it

    "M.Wt: 369.34
    Formula: C17H18F3N3O3
    4-[3-(4-hydroxybutyl)-4,4-dimethyl-2,5-dioxoimidazolidin-1-yl]-2-(trifluoromethyl)benzonitrile
    Solubility: Polyglycols, Aqua, Ethanol
    Purity: >99%"

  7. #1047
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I've just bought some from Anagen (KB solution)

    I am on topical dutasteride with great success (zero hair loss for 4 months, no sides) after having bad sides with both oral and topical finasteride. It reduced my shedding to 3 hairs a day from 50 and hair is much thicker after 4 months. Best part is I only apply it once a week

    I will be going on TRT next month and I'm worried about test causing hair loss so I will test RU before doing so and after going on Test

  8. #1048
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mustang2 View Post
    I've just bought some from Anagen (KB solution)

    I am on topical dutasteride with great success (zero hair loss for 4 months, no sides) after having bad sides with both oral and topical finasteride. It reduced my shedding to 3 hairs a day from 50 and hair is much thicker after 4 months. Best part is I only apply it once a week

    I will be going on TRT next month and I'm worried about test causing hair loss so I will test RU before doing so and after going on Test
    Where do you buy topical Dutasteride?

  9. #1049
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAnds View Post
    *Update*
    The RU seems to work fine for me (RU+Alc+PG). I started dermarolling as well. So at the moment I use RU and Minox topical (Minox just every 3rd day as a booster) and derma roller 1 session/week.
    Feels good so far, no sideeffects noticed.
    This comment was from 2017....how is it working today?? It is not working you will say I am sure. None of this crap works except for topical Fin, Minox. and some caffeine. Right?

  10. #1050
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluewater View Post
    How effective has RU been for you guys? I have been using it in a Minox solution for almost a year September. I have receding and temple loss and I haven't gotten any noticeable regrowth. I have a few random hairs on the totally bald areas. I am also using it on the places i have hair to hopefully decrease loss and gain some additional growth in the productive area. I have been using Minox as the base simply because it is easier and less expensive. Was not aware that it may not be the right thing to do. What do you advise?
    Exactly....sorry it does not work, save your dough and health.

Similar Threads

  1. Ru58841
    By Samiam in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-24-2017, 06:53 AM
  2. Aames' Bodybuilding and Fitness Resource Guide
    By Aames in forum Bodybuilding / Fitness / Nutrition
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-29-2014, 10:38 AM
  3. how to apply Ru58841
    By EDB in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 03:33 PM
  4. Minoxidil/rogaine Pm usage
    By dex89 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 09:25 AM
  5. Simple guide to help save your hair..
    By ravegrover in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 12:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Found ready made 5% ru58841 company in uk
04-20-2019 07:19 AM
by doke
Last Post By HairGuru
Today 12:27 PM
Topical finasteride
01-27-2020 07:22 PM
by pajason
Last Post By HairGuru
Today 12:02 PM
Mature Hairline or receding? I cant tell
Today 08:27 AM
Last Post By Wher3421
Today 08:27 AM
Mantse or cinik
03-16-2020 08:46 AM
Last Post By Steve1551
Today 04:16 AM
Just want to say Hi.
Today 01:44 AM
Last Post By Celesta90H
Today 01:44 AM