+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

I think that it's clear from Hellouser's pictures that RU does have a positive effect but why is it that there seems to be flucuations of the positive effects? In Hellouser's pics his hair gets visably better in the first few months but at the start of this year his hair was looking worse again until quiet recently when it thickened up again. Looking at Irish Prides photo log his hair also seemed to flucuate over the course of his log too. Also just looking at that link to HLH there's a guy on the thread saying his effects flucuate. So why is this?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    LOOL Tracy said RU doesnt work? Ive been on the stuff for 6 months and its done absolute wonders.
    What effects have you seen from RU UK? Just maintenance? Regrowth? Do you buy Your's from Kane?

Hi hellouser,
    First up. Awesome job on documenting your results.
    I am currently using Ru from Kane. Started 4 weeks ago. I was using k&b solution, but found it was hardly dissolving, was left with crystals of ru on receiving areas. I the tried rubbing alcohol, but after reading your thread you said isopropyl didn't work for you, so I have just purchased everclear.
    My question is, you mentioned you noticed small hairs in April, then in march your hair thickened up dramatically. We're these hairs you had tiny vellus hairs that all of a sudden had a growth spurt, or were they terminal hairs from the start of their growth?
    I have small hairs I can see, but they look like they aren't going to grow anytime soon. I am using 80mg/ml.
    How did you find OC ru. I got Kane's but am considering OC as I live in Canada and with the heat don't want to risk it going bad on delivery.
    Sorry if this is a tad long.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    What effects have you seen from RU UK? Just maintenance? Regrowth? Do you buy Your's from Kane?
    mpb treatments.

Ive avoided the need to take finasteride/dut.

Waiting for Replicel/Aderans (hopefully Aderans with their new technique that Desmond was talking about).

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    I think that it's clear from Hellouser's pictures that RU does have a positive effect but why is it that there seems to be flucuations of the positive effects? In Hellouser's pics his hair gets visably better in the first few months but at the start of this year his hair was looking worse again until quiet recently when it thickened up again. Looking at Irish Prides photo log his hair also seemed to flucuate over the course of his log too. Also just looking at that link to HLH there's a guy on the thread saying his effects flucuate. So why is this?
    Might be the length of the hair, overall I think if he were to be put through clinical trial he would have shown a vast increase in density, especially in the crown.

Thing is he is also taking minoxidil, but I honestly cant see minox doing all this alone.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Might be the length of the hair, overall I think if he were to be put through clinical trial he would have shown a vast increase in density, especially in the crown.

Thing is he is also taking minoxidil, but I honestly cant see minox doing all this alone.
    It is already well known that minoxidil potentiates the effect of antiandrogens. On minox alone, I kept my hairline perfectly for many years, but I have never regrown any appreciable amount of hair. Only after I started to experiment with antiandrogens, I finally experienced the magic of regrowth.

The shed that this guy experienced after the switch from 2% to 5% minoxidil is nevertheless very unusual. It was brutal, really.

I switched from 2% to 5% minoxidil in 2008, after 11,5 years on 2% minox, but I haven't noticed anything unusual. The only case, when my hair reacted inappropriately, was in 2011, when I was trying 15% minoxidil in my temples. It virtually burned out my hair follicles. It was too strong for me, apparently. Perhaps he is an excellent responder to minoxidil. Or the combination with RU had a synergistic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    It is already well known that minoxidil potentiates the effect of antiandrogens. On minox alone, I kept my hairline perfectly for many years, but I have never regrown any appreciable amount of hair. Only after I started to experiment with antiandrogens, I finally experienced the magic of regrowth.

The shed that this guy experienced after the switch from 2% to 5% minoxidil is nevertheless very unusual. It was brutal, really.

I switched from 2% to 5% minoxidil in 2008, after 11,5 years on 2% minox, but I haven't noticed anything unusual. The only case, when my hair reacted inappropriately, was in 2011, when I was trying 15% minoxidil in my temples. It virtually burned out my hair follicles. It was too strong for me, apparently. Perhaps he is an excellent responder to minoxidil. Or the combination with RU had a synergistic effect.
    Did yo use topical or internal anti-androgens?

I haven't taken my 550mg pills of Saw Palmetto in about a week.... libido is going nuts. I'm getting sexual drives everywhere; shower, in the car, at work, at church.....

This is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I haven't taken my 550mg pills of Saw Palmetto in about a week.... libido is going nuts. I'm getting sexual drives everywhere; shower, in the car, at work, at church.....

This is nuts.
    Not sure if I follow you. When you say "libido is going nuts" what exactly do you mean? That you have, for example, spontaneous erections? Or just an increased appetite for sex?

Saw Palmetto is included in formulas for improving the male functions, mostly prostate, and this especially for men above 50. If it impairs libido, how can it be effective in improving the sexual function of older men? I don't understand; something does not add up.

Quote Originally Posted by secrethero89 View Post
    Did yo use topical or internal anti-androgens?
    I currently use finasteride and dutasteride.