+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    i've been searching but can't seem to find the answer to the following question:

-Why hasn't RU been approved by the FDA?
    -What was the company that ran those trials and in which year? Why did it fail, did they give a reason for stopping the clinical trials?
    - it stopped at phase II because the company didnt see the monetary value of it.

it's essentially the same as fin(probably a little more powerful in the right dose), yet FIN is a pill you just have to take once a day(if you take DUT you can take that even less often!) RU is a more complicated topical, so it's a tougher sell to the general population.

It was just a tough sell, RU isn't the most stable chemical and it just wasnt worth it to pursue a drug that essentially has the same effect as fin, still might cause sides(unlike CB) and may not be as stable or as easy to produce. no monetary value for the company.

CB on the other hand is being deemed as a side-effect free type of drug and potentially much more powerful, plus it has a much richer company backing it.

you also have potentially other options coming in such things as BIM which has just finished phase IIB

i've been searching but can't seem to find the answer to the following question:

-What was the company that ran those trials and in which year? Why did it fail, did they give a reason for stopping the clinical trials?

I'm in my 3rd year balding and I'm 23. I want to do something to save the hair I have as I'm slowly turning NW2.5 with a receding hairline and frontal density loser.

I haven't done anything to save my hair yet. I do have a prescription for Propecia and Minox 5% foam is sitting in my cupboard. I'm a hypochondriac though, too scared I'll get the sides and that they remain permanent. I've been thinking NON-STOP about taking fin or not for the past 2 months. I've literally turned crazy over it. Can't find the right balance to go ahead and take it.

I need to convince myself to take the plunge, now RU is interesting if I can get that peace of mind.
    junp on fin and Minox first . Fin stops the balding process and gives regrowth sometines and Minox will grow the hair

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    junp on fin and Minox first . Fin stops the balding process and gives regrowth sometines and Minox will grow the hair
    The Big-3 has always interested me but I always told myself I was too scared of the sides from each (dark circles, ED, scalp irritation...), but now that my baldness is really bugging me and that my genetic background almost certainly confirms that I'll lose all my hair in 2 year if I don't do anything, I can't take not helping my hair.

That's why I bought 2% Nizoral last week and juuust ordered Minox 5% foam from eBay.

I have a dermatologist's and private doctor's appointment this week. If they are able to reassure me about FIN sides, I will get on 1mg FIN as I already have the prescription. I'm just too scared about FIN now... Too many horror stories, articles, studies, and on top of that I'm a fk'in hypochondriac.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    - it stopped at phase II because the company didnt see the monetary value of it.

it's essentially the same as fin(probably a little more powerful in the right dose), yet FIN is a pill you just have to take once a day(if you take DUT you can take that even less often!) RU is a more complicated topical, so it's a tougher sell to the general population.

It was just a tough sell, RU isn't the most stable chemical and it just wasnt worth it to pursue a drug that essentially has the same effect as fin, still might cause sides(unlike CB) and may not be as stable or as easy to produce. no monetary value for the company.

CB on the other hand is being deemed as a side-effect free type of drug and potentially much more powerful, plus it has a much richer company backing it.

you also have potentially other options coming in such things as BIM which has just finished phase IIB
    Yes it RU certainly looks like it delivers... when did the company attempt to develop it? Who was it?

Lol I'm gonna ask my dermatologist about RU... I'm sure by the law he's supposed to advise against it but who knows!

Yes it RU certainly looks like it delivers... when did the company attempt to develop it? Who was it?

Lol I'm gonna ask my dermatologist about RU... I'm sure by the law he's supposed to advise against it but who knows!
    you're gonna have to buy the stuff and mix it yourself, Doctors cant really prescribe this stuff off-label or anything(like dut or bim for example) and many wont know anything about it. Gotta get a few grams for example and mix it yourself

cant remember when, it was early-mid 2000's and it was under a different name.

you're gonna have to buy the stuff and mix it yourself, Doctors cant really prescribe this stuff off-label or anything(like dut or bim for example) and many wont know anything about it. Gotta get a few grams for example and mix it yourself

I believe it was PSK-3841 http://www.examiner.com/article/an-e...dness-ru-58841

yeah yeah no worries, I know about the mixing and sketchiness about it lol that's why I said he probably can't advise me to try it by the law...

It's really the sketchiness that worries me... I mean, the label up front that says NOT FOR HUMAN TESTING is already pretty freaky itself lol

yeah yeah no worries, I know about the mixing and sketchiness about it lol that's why I said he probably can't advise me to try it by the law...

It's really the sketchiness that worries me... I mean, the label up front that says NOT FOR HUMAN TESTING is already pretty freaky itself lol
    RU would require a prescription . That's why it says not human use .

Most likely $$$.. Really a shame. This says enough I guess;

I went to the derm yesterday. Surprisingly enough he didn't rule out RU! He said as a certified doctor, he can only suggest me to take what's approved on the market, but he didn't seem overly stunned at my attempt of asking him what he thinks about RU. He did say doses are so minimal that sides would not be apparent compared to FIN but did make the analogy with the fact that tar applied on skin could be found in your urine so the skin is porous and anything CAN theoretically make it in your bloodstream and system and since we don't know the effects of RU in the body, it could be toxic/dangerous.

Btw, he's a private dermatologist that has VERY good knowledge (he actually appears on TV and is a very reputable doctor in my city), he knew about RU, he knew about the research center in Vancouver's UBC about derm and hair loss. He gave me very good insight on hair loss, one that a normal GP would NOT give. When asked about FIN, he told me he's much more worried about the lack of studies made for prostate and breast cancer than the sexual side effects.