+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Then why do people report the same sexual sides associated with finasteride?
    I agree with this statement . Some people get sides . In clinical trials propecia said 99% don't get sides I think that is off

That's why I think studies are always skewed

Then why do people report the same sexual sides associated with finasteride?
    People vary in systematic absorption from topicals, for example in toxicology studies absorption from minoxidil was 0.7% to 4.7% if i remember correctly.Not only that also metabolism is different in everyone and lastly everyone triggers a different response obviously in terms of side effects.

In short, RU can get systematic in some, and systematical androgen receptor antagonizing will obviously also bring sexual side effects to some people. RU just competitively binds to the androgen receptor though. The major advantage of this is that contrary to finasteride, RU cannot basically (permanently) alter your hormonal profile (and neuroactive steroid levels as has been shown in a study recently). Although rare, people have been permanently changed by finasteride for the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    People vary in systematic absorption from topicals, for example in toxicology studies absorption from minoxidil was 0.7% to 4.7% if i remember correctly.Not only that also metabolism is different in everyone and lastly everyone triggers a different response obviously in terms of side effects.

In short, RU can get systematic in some, and systematical androgen receptor antagonizing will obviously also bring sexual side effects to some people. RU just competitively binds to the androgen receptor though. The major advantage of this is that contrary to finasteride, RU cannot basically (permanently) alter your hormonal profile (and neuroactive steroid levels as has been shown in a study recently). Although rare, people have been permanently changed by finasteride for the worse.
    Swooping, are you a doctor or scientist?

Swooping, are you a doctor or scientist?
    Sorry missed this question! No, just genuinely interested .

Sorry missed this question! No, just genuinely interested .
    Oh, well where did you see that it doesn't change the dh levels or hormonal levels? I'm interested in trying it if that's actually the case. I had horrific sides on oral fin, and bad sides on topical fin.

Oh, well where did you see that it doesn't change the dh levels or hormonal levels? I'm interested in trying it if that's actually the case. I had horrific sides on oral fin, and bad sides on topical fin.
    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/f...erapy-prostate

Antiandrogens, which are drugs that compete with androgens for binding to the androgen receptor. By competing for binding to the androgen receptor, antiandrogens reduce the ability of androgens to promote prostate cancer cell growth. Because antiandrogens do not block androgen production, they are rarely used on their own to treat prostate cancer. Instead, they are used in combination with orchiectomy or an LHRH agonist. Use of an antiandrogen drug in combination with orchiectomy or an LHRH agonist is called combined androgen blockade, complete androgen blockade, or total androgen blockade.
    Do you understand this? It only occupies the receptor so that androgens will have trouble binding. But it doesn't mess with the production of hormones. You can also find some stories of people who have done blood tests before using RU and during RU usage and they had no changes in hormonal profiles. Just google "RU58841 blood test". All the studies of RU including the clinical trials showed no alteration in hormones too btw. If you have any other questions let me know.

Is there any risk involved in RU binding to androgen receptors not in the scalp? Androgen receptors are located throughout the body as far as I know.

I'm thinking that most of it will bind where applied, and so little would reach other receptors that it's basically a non issue?

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/f...erapy-prostate

Do you understand this? It only occupies the receptor so that androgens will have trouble binding. But it doesn't mess with the production of hormones. You can also find some stories of people who have done blood tests before using RU and during RU usage and they had no changes in hormonal profiles. Just google "RU58841 blood test". All the studies of RU including the clinical trials showed no alteration in hormones too btw. If you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks for the info swooping!

i've been searching but can't seem to find the answer to the following question:

-Why hasn't RU been approved by the FDA?
    -What was the company that ran those trials and in which year? Why did it fail, did they give a reason for stopping the clinical trials?

I'm in my 3rd year balding and I'm 23. I want to do something to save the hair I have as I'm slowly turning NW2.5 with a receding hairline and frontal density loser.

I haven't done anything to save my hair yet. I do have a prescription for Propecia and Minox 5% foam is sitting in my cupboard. I'm a hypochondriac though, too scared I'll get the sides and that they remain permanent. I've been thinking NON-STOP about taking fin or not for the past 2 months. I've literally turned crazy over it. Can't find the right balance to go ahead and take it.

I need to convince myself to take the plunge, now RU is interesting if I can get that peace of mind.