Hellouser's RU Log (with Minox, CB Nizoral and Saw Palmetto)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thatkidd
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by StayThick
    I use the K&B Solution personally. From what I gather it helps with absorption and creates a thin film on the scalp to prevent transfer of RU to a female, etc for sides reasons. Apparently it's a better vehicle compared to PG and Alcohol based on absorption but I do not know how concrete that is.

The process Hellouser outlined would be the same with the KB Solution. The only difference is now you have the benefit of mixing the RU with one vehicle vs measuring and applying of two. Follow the same steps, I measure a weeks worth of RU, dispose off in a small plastic bottle, then disperse 7ml of KB Solution with my eye dropper in the bottle. Shake and I have my weeks worth. That easy.
    You really make that sound easy! Fin has started to fail me, really excited to try some RU and possibly CB in the future.

Comment

• Kiwi
      • Mar 2011

A couple of years ago I tried minox 5% foam and got crazy shedding.

Hell - do you think RU + CB without minox would give me results without a shed? Also what are the direct links to the RU and CB products you buy?

Thanks in advance mate

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Kiwi
        A couple of years ago I tried minox 5% foam and got crazy shedding.

Hell - do you think RU + CB without minox would give me results without a shed? Also what are the direct links to the RU and CB products you buy?

Thanks in advance mate
        Not sure, but something tells me 'no' because I don't see a whole lot of growth from Finasteride on its own. I would imagine it'd be the same for RU and CB on their own. Should work for halting hairloss. I think Minox should be in EVERY regimen for regrowth.

Comment

• Kiwi
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
          Not sure, but something tells me 'no' because I don't see a whole lot of growth from Finasteride on its own. I would imagine it'd be the same for RU and CB on their own. Should work for halting hairloss. I think Minox should be in EVERY regimen for regrowth.
          What about starting on RU + CB and then adding minox for growth.

Perhaps its possible that RU and CB would have stabilised things which might mitigate the dreaded minox shed?

Comment

• whitegold
            • May 2013

Originally posted by Kiwi
            What about starting on RU + CB and then adding minox for growth.

Perhaps its possible that RU and CB would have stabilised things which might mitigate the dreaded minox shed?
            I am waiting on my RU to arrive so I can start it after discontinuing Fin. I too have been leery of trying Minox because I am afraid of the initial shed.

Hellouser, are you mixing your CB with your RU, or how are you using it?

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by whitegold
              I am waiting on my RU to arrive so I can start it after discontinuing Fin. I too have been leery of trying Minox because I am afraid of the initial shed.

Hellouser, are you mixing your CB with your RU, or how are you using it?
              I don't mix them, I don't know how you came to this conclusion, I've never stated that anywhere on this forum.

Thanks to Winston theres no way of editing my initial post in this thread so I know things will get ugly with updates, otherwise I'd just keep adding more info with newer timelines in the first post.

Anyway, I was running out of RU a couple months ago, around April actually. I think I have about 5-10 days worth left but I haven't used any of my RU anyway. I did receive in April my CB but in the wrong form (it doesnt completely dissolve). When I had both, I was applying like this:

- Wake up in the morning, wash hair with either Nizoral or Saw Palmetto/L-Arginine shampoo. Dry hair and style, go to work.
              - Finish work around 6pm. I first apply RU at around this time (1ml w/ 100mg)
              - Wash hair around 11:30pm and between this time and 12:00am I would apply CB (1ml w/ 10mg)
              - At around 12:30am I then apply Minoxidil (1-1.5ml @ 5%, thus 50-75mg)
              - Sleep.

But since around January I've only been on CB and haven't noticed much hair loss. Everything is pretty much fine.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                • Dec 2012

I don't mix them, I don't know how you came to this conclusion, I've never stated that anywhere on this forum.

Thanks to Winston theres no way of editing my initial post in this thread so I know things will get ugly with updates, otherwise I'd just keep adding more info with newer timelines in the first post.

Anyway, I was running out of RU a couple months ago, around April actually. I think I have about 5-10 days worth left but I haven't used any of my RU anyway. I did receive in April my CB but in the wrong form (it doesnt completely dissolve). When I had both, I was applying like this:

- Wake up in the morning, wash hair with either Nizoral or Saw Palmetto/L-Arginine shampoo. Dry hair and style, go to work.
                - Finish work around 6pm. I first apply RU at around this time (1ml w/ 100mg)
                - Wash hair around 11:30pm and between this time and 12:00am I would apply CB (1ml w/ 10mg)
                - At around 12:30am I then apply Minoxidil (1-1.5ml @ 5%, thus 50-75mg)
                - Sleep.

But since around January I've only been on CB and haven't noticed much hair loss. Everything is pretty much fine.
                what do you mean you've only been on CB since january? don't you mean RU?

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                  what do you mean you've only been on CB since january? don't you mean RU?
                  Whoops, I meant on CB since April/May, not January. I was on 100mg of RU from February-April

Comment

• StayThick
                    • Oct 2012

Whoops, I meant on CB since April/May, not January. I was on 100mg of RU from February-April
                    Still don't know why you stopped RU. Doesn't make much sense if you had such success with it to begin with.

Sides and low libido the main reason why??

Comment

• marikeo
                      • Feb 2012

Looking at your log, its not clear to me that RU made any difference. It appears you switched to a more potent Minox before you started RU and god bad shed. Would make sense that if that was the case your gains could just be the regrowth of those lost hairs.

Assuming you must be thinking this as well or why else would you stop RU after seeing your hair thickness come back so dramatically. I would be thrilled to regain a thickness like that and the last thing I would do is stop after such a short stint.

Comment

• hwildcat
                        • May 2013

Is PG necessary to mix with RU?

I have just been mixing with everclear so far and was under the impression that PG was optional

But if it limits the effectiveness without PG then I will add it in

Comment

• Californication
                          • Mar 2013

So I finally got my hands on some RU, couldn't get the liquid though. I don't have any everclear alcohol (isn't sold where I live) so do you think mixing the appropriate dosage (gonna start around 40-50 mg) with regular Rogaine liquid minox is ok?

I know some people have done this, but wanted to make sure.

Comment

• hwildcat
                            • May 2013

Originally posted by Californication
                            So I finally got my hands on some RU, couldn't get the liquid though. I don't have any everclear alcohol (isn't sold where I live) so do you think mixing the appropriate dosage (gonna start around 40-50 mg) with regular Rogaine liquid minox is ok?

I know some people have done this, but wanted to make sure.
                            I have heard people say this works
                            supposedly some have gotten results with RU while mixing it with minox

I started doing that but switched to everclear
                            For some reason the RU/minox combination kept sticking to my hair and hardening like glue or some sort of super dense hair gel

It got to the point where I could not really comb my hair without pulling a bunch of hairs out in the process

Comment

• secrethero89
                              • Apr 2013

Hello hellhouser,

Can you make a comparison between RU and CBform3?

Comment

• MrBlonde
                                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Boldy
                                Wohw, Nice improvemant hellouser..

here is a post of ziom1990 on HLH of his 10 weeks RU journey.

[IMG]http://s18.postimg.org/q2jjfu1x5/*******2.jpg[/IMG]
                                Was this guy using any growth factors such as minox along side RU?

I am currently about the 7th week mark and not seeing these results, I loke more like the 2nd picture. I realise it may take longer for some but also wonder should I add a growth factor

Comment

Working...